Applications are accepted once a year for admission into the fall semester. Please note that two applications are required for the bachelor of science in architecture degree administered at Texas Tech University College of Architecture El Paso. Submit one application to Texas Tech University Lubbock as well as an second application to Texas Tech University El Paso.
Successful acceptance of an application in either location does not guarantee acceptance into both locations. You must be accepted at both TTU Lubbock and TTU at El Paso in order to attend the architecture program at TTU at El Paso.
Application I – Submit to main campus in Lubbock. Apply to Texas Tech University Lubbock as an undergraduate transfer.
- The application fee is $60 for U.S. students and $125 for international applicants to Texas Tech University Lubbock.
- Submit official college transcripts and an official high school transcript to the registrar at Texas Tech Lubbock by May 20, 2015. DO NOT SEND TRANSCRIPTS TO THE TTU AT EL PASO ARCHITECTURE PROGRAM.
- The deadline for the application to the Lubbock campus is:
Application II – Submit to TTU at El Paso. Apply to Texas Tech University at El Paso. Send application packages to: Texas Tech University, Architecture Program, Professor Morris Brown, Undergraduate Admissions Coordinator, 700-B San Francisco Street, El Paso, Texas, 79901-1060.
- Submit a non-returnable portfolio. Portfolio Requirements: Your Full Name, Address and Telephone No., 8.5 × 11 inches in size and maximum of 20 pages. We will not review portfolios that do not meet these requirements. Please do not submit additional materials such as CDs, slides, or oversized components. Each project should be clearly labeled, including the course number, class name, and instructor associated with each project.
- Statement of Interest: Submit an essay expressing your interest in the field of architecture. Your essay should not exceed 1,200 words.
- Completion of an associates degree in architecture is required.
- The deadline for the submission to TTU at El Paso (portfolio and Statement of Interest) is: June 5, 2015.
When am I officially accepted into the architecture program at TTU at El Paso?
You are officially accepted when you receive an acceptance letter from the Texas Tech University Registrar’s Office in Lubbock and an acceptance letter from the architecture program director at TTU at El Paso. You will be accepted as a third-year architecture student and will follow the TTU at El Paso architecture program’s curriculum. Texas Tech University Lubbock will notify you of your application status by updating the Applications tab in your RaiderLink. You are responsible for checking this site for important information and updates.
If you receive an acceptance letter from TTU at Lubbock, but you are not accepted to the TTU at El Paso architecture program, you have the option of attending the College of Architecture in Lubbock. If so, you must undergo a portfolio review upon entrance into the College of Architecture to determine your placement in the program. This does not guarantee that you will be accepted as a third-year architecture student.
Financial Aid: During the admissions process, we recommend that you apply for financial aid. If you are interested in the Work Study program, please mark this in your FAFSA form. Students will not be eligible for general university scholarships and College of Architecture scholarships until after acceptance. Upon admission, students are considered to be a student at Texas Tech University at El Paso, and will have access to the same resources available to students at TTU at Lubbock.
Financial aid is distributed based on full-time enrollment and several other eligibility requirements. Status for the semester is based upon the number of credit hours in which a student is enrolled on the 12th class day in both fall and spring semesters, and financial aid is disbursed accordingly. Attending less than full-time could mean a reduction in financial aid. Learn more.
Advising: Once you are accepted into both campuses, you will attend a mandatory orientation session held at the TTU at El Paso campus. You will also be required to meet with your advisor before beginning classes.
ID Cards and Email Accounts: You will begin your ID processing during Orientation. Once you are issued a Texas Tech University email account, all university communication must be made using this email account.