Awards, Scholarships and Financial Aid
Funding Available from the English Department and the University
The financial resources and opportunities listed below are available to students in the English Department at Texas Tech. Some awards and scholarships are offered exclusively by the department to its majors while others are available through the College of Arts and Sciences, the Graduate School, the Office of Student Financial Aid or the Office of International Affairs.
Interested students should fill out the appropriate graduate or undergraduate scholarship form. The Scholarship Committee will match students with appropriate scholarship(s).
- Scholarship Information
- For Students - Apply for Scholarships. As a current student, select the Continuing Students link. There are separate links for Incoming Freshmen and for Transfer Students. Freshmen and Transfer Students will also need to apply to Texas Tech. You might also want to read the Scholarships FAQs. There is a link to the FAFSA website there. You don't have to complete a FAFSA in order to be considered, but need-based financial aid requires a FAFSA.
- For Faculty - Uploading Letters of Recommendation
Scholarship Process and Forms
English Department and College of Arts & Sciences scholarship processes and forms are linked below. For other awards and scholarships, please review the individual requirements. For additional information about scholarships offered through the Department of English, please contact the main English office at 806.742.2500.
- Application links - Undergraduates Only
Other Sources of Funding
The English Department and Texas Tech provide many sources of financial aid for students. In addition to the department's offerings, students should also consider:
- Center for Active Learning & Undergraduate Research
- General scholarship information and opportunities through the College of Arts and Sciences
- Scholarships for New Students and Transfer Students. These are through the Admissions Office.
- Resources available through the Office of Student Financial Aid
- Resources available through the Graduate School. Select the Funding Your Education link.