- Writing for the Internet. with Robert Schaller, Greenwood/ABC-Clio. 2010.
- Web Development: A Visual-Spatial Approach with companion Web site, Prentice Hall, 2007.
- "Hypertext Theory: Rethinking and Reformulating What We Know in Web 2.0". With Susan
Lang. Journal of Technical Writing and Communication (JTWC), 2012.
- "Assessing the Value of Corporate Blogs: A Social Capital Perspective," with Konstanze
Alex-Brown, IEEE Transactions on Professional Communication, 2010.
- "Thinking Visually: Heuristics for Web Site Analysis and Design", in Visual Approaches to Web Site Analysis, Hampton Press, 2010.
- "Web Pages and Writing for the Web", in Pfeiffer & Adkins' Technical Writing: A Practical Approach, 7th ed., Prentice Hall, 2009.
- "The Need for New Ways of Thinking", with John Logie, Technical Communication Quarterly 14(1), 2005.
- "Web Pages and Writing for the Web," in William Pfeiffer's Technical Writing: A Practical Approach, 6th Ed., Prentice Hall, 2005.
- "Visual-spatial Thinking in Hypertexts", with Richard Johnson-Sheehan, Technical Communication, 2001.
Edited Journal Issue
- "Visual Thinking, Online Documentation and Hypertext," Technical Communication Quarterly Special Issue and Introduction "The Need for New Ways of Thinking," 14.1 (2005), Co-Editor with
- "At Work: How Do You Know Whether Your Interface Design is Working Correctly", chapter
excerpt in Richard Johnson-Sheehan's, Technical Communication Today, Longman, 2005.
- Conference on College Composition and Communication. 2002 - Present.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers - Professional Communication Society.
2002 - Present.
- International Webmasters Association. 2002 - Present.
Society for Technical Communication. 2000 - Present.
- Program Coordinator, Academic SIG. 2011 - Present.
Association of Teachers of Technical Writing. 2002 - 2009.
- Web Site Co-Editor, Association of Teachers of Technical Writing. 2002 - 2009