Author of The Bed-Trick in English Renaissance Drama: Explorations in Gender, Sexuality, and Power. She has published articles on Shakespeare and Renaissance drama. She is editing The exemplary Lives and memorable Acts of nine the most worthy Women of the world, etc" for a volume in the forthcoming edition of The Works of Thomas Heywood (Oxford University Press). She served as Director of Literary Studies 2007-2009, and she is currently serving as Interim Associate Chair of the department.
- "Pericles and the Spiritual Wisdom of Joanna Baillie's Sacred Dramas The Martyr and The Bride" with Marjean Purinton. Shakespeare and the Culture of Romanticism. Ed. Joseph M. Ortiz. Farnham: Ashgate, forthcoming.
- "From The Bed-Trick in English Renaissance Drama. In Grace Ioppolo (Ed.), Measure for Measure: A Norton Critical Edition (pp. 216-226). New York and London: W. W. Norton. (2012).
- " 'Shakespeare Shadows': Parodic Haunting of Thomas Love Peacock's Nightmare Abbey and Jane Austen's Northanger Abbey." (with Marjean Purinton). Shakespearean Gothic. Ed. Christy Desmet and Ann Williams. Cardiff: University of Wales Press, 2009. 87-110.
- "Marrying Down: Negotiating a More Equal Marriage on the English Renaissance Stage." Medieval and Renaissance Drama in England: An Annual Gathering of Research, Criticism and Reviews, 2001; 14: 227-55.
- "Cutting Women Down to Size in the Olivier and Loncraine Films of Richard III." Shakespeare Performed: Essays in Honor of R. A. Foakes. Ed. Grace Ioppolo. Newark, DE: U of Delaware P, 2000. 260-72.