- The Bed-Trick in English Renaissance Drama: Explorations in Gender, Sexuality, and
Power. Newark; London: U of Delaware P; Associated UPs; 1994
- "Pericles and the Spiritual Wisdom of Joanna Baillie's Sacred Dramas The Martyr and The Bride" with Marjean Purinton. Shakespeare and the Culture of Romanticism. Ed. Joseph M. Ortiz. Farnham: Ashgate, forthcoming.
- "From The Bed-Trick in English Renaissance Drama. In Grace Ioppolo (Ed.), Measure for Measure: A Norton Critical Edition (pp. 216-226). New York and London: W. W. Norton. (2012).
- " 'Shakespeare Shadows': Parodic Haunting of Thomas Love Peacock's Nightmare Abbey and Jane Austen's Northanger Abbey." (with Marjean Purinton). Shakespearean Gothic. Ed. Christy Desmet and Ann Williams. Cardiff: University of Wales Press, 2009. 87-110.
- "Marrying Down: Negotiating a More Equal Marriage on the English Renaissance Stage."
Medieval and Renaissance Drama in England: An Annual Gathering of Research, Criticism
and Reviews, 2001; 14: 227-55.
- "Cutting Women Down to Size in the Olivier and Loncraine Films of Richard III." Shakespeare Performed: Essays in Honor of R. A. Foakes. Ed. Grace Ioppolo. Newark, DE: U of Delaware P, 2000. 260-72.