Deadlines for the Current Term
August 23, Friday
• Last day to withdraw from the university without financial penalty.
August 26, Monday
• Classes begin.
August 29, Thursday
• Last day to add a course.
September 11, Wednesday
• Last day for student-initiated drop on MyTech without academic penalty (drop does
not count against drop limit). All drops are the responsibility of the student.
• Last day to drop a course and have course charges removed. Students who drop to 0 hours are considered to be a withdrawal. Financial penalties apply for withdrawals after August 23.
September 12, Thursday
• Student-initiated drop made on or after this date counts against drop limit. All drops are the responsibility of the student.
September 16, Monday
• Last day for graduate degree candidates to file with the Graduate School a statement of intention to graduate.
September 23, Monday
• Last day to withdraw from the university and receive partial credit.
September 27, Friday
• Last day for doctoral students to submit the Defense Notification form.
October 18, Friday
• Last day for graduate degree candidates to defend theses/dissertations.
• Last day for master's non-thesis comprehensive examinations. (This means portfolio examinations should be done by today!)
• Last day for graduate degree candidates to pay thesis-dissertation fee posted to Banner account.
October 21, Monday
• 5 p.m., Mid-semester grades due via Raiderlink. GPTI's take note for first-year students and athletes.
• Last day for degree candidates and faculty to order invitations and academic regalia at the bookstore.
October 21-25, Monday-Friday
Advising Week for Spring 2014 (times TBA)
October 28, Monday
• Last day for student-initiated drop on MyTech with academic penalty (counts against
drop limit). All drops are the responsibility of the student.
• Last day to declare pass/fail intentions.
November 1, Friday
• Last day for graduate degree candidates to submit to the Graduate School the final
PDF of thesis/dissertation.
• Last day for graduate degree candidates to submit the Oral Defense and Thesis-Dissertation Approval Form.
November 7, Thursday
• 3 p.m., First day of spring semester advance registration for currently enrolled students (continues through November 25). This means Banner opens today. Advising Week signups will start to be entered today.
November 18, Monday
• Last day to remove grades of I, PR, or CR in the Graduate School. This does not
apply to the PR/CR received on a previous thesis or dissertation enrollment. To clarify - CR in ENGL 7000 or 8000 does not need to be changed; 8000 only needs
to have a grade in the semester of graduation. ENGL 6000 receives a CR grade for
the first 3 hours and a letter grade in the semester of graduation.
• Official reports due to Graduate School on results of final comprehensive examinations. This is the last day for getting portfolio exam reports to Dr. McFadden!
November 26 – December 5, Tuesday – Thursday
• Period of no examinations except for makeup exams or scheduled lab exams. GPTI's - be aware of this date.
November 27 – December 1, Wednesday – Sunday
• Thanksgiving holiday.
November 29, Friday
• Last day to withdraw from the university. Although withdrawal can be processed until this date, all tuition and fees related to the registration are due in full and no refunds will be issued.
December 2, Monday
• Classes resume.
• Raiderlink available for grading.
December 4, Wednesday
• Last day of classes.
December 5, Thursday
• Individual study day.
• Late night breakfast available for residents living on campus. As you very well may be by this point, GPTI's...
December 6 – 11, Friday – Saturday / Monday – Wednesday
• Final examinations.
• Wednesday, December 11 – Fall semester ends.
December 12, Thursday
• Noon, grades due for graduating students via Raiderlink. GPTI's – if for any reason you have seniors, do not miss this deadline!
December 13 – 14, Friday – Saturday
December 16, Monday
• Noon, Final grades due via Raiderlink. GPTI's – do not miss this deadline unless you enjoy filling out a whole class full of grade change forms...