Internship Opportunities in TCR
To post an internship opportunity, or to inquire about a posting, contact Dr. Miles Kimball, Director, TCR.
**The deadline to apply is February 27th, 2014**
Paid, Full time, applicants must be available Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:30pm from June 2nd, 2014-August 8th, 2014.
Ketchum Dallas' Summer Fellows work hand in hand with practices to learn the business, serve clients, and develop PR skills. They will assist with project research, writing, and media relations efforts to support client programs. Seniors who demonstrate our core competencies and values at the end of the program may have the opportunity to interview for a full-time position as an Account Coordinator.
- Passionate-interest in/understanding of public relations
- 'B' average or better
- Solid writer
- Strong computer skills
- Rising senior/Recent Graduate
- Available to work full-time for 10 week program.
Hewlett Packard Global Cyber Security (GSC) is looking to hire a talented student Technical Writer with strong communication and writing skills who is willing to learn and work on improving the security posture of HP products.
- Must be pursuing a four-year degree
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Interested in learning about proactive product security
- Prefer to have student nearing graduation
- Prefer to have a student in the communication, English, or writing majors.
- Experience with the operating systems like Linux, Windows, iOS is desired.
- One to two years of industry experience is desired, but not a must.
You will help to ensure that technical information is communicated in an effective manner to non-technical staff and clients. This is a great opportunity if you are looking for a career in technical writing or entry-level helpdesk positions.
This internship runs from Monday, June 2, 2014 through Friday, August 8, 2014 (10 weeks).
How you will invest your time
- Designing, writing, revising, and editing software documentation;
- Working closely with helpdesk staff, systems engineers, database developers and administrators to ensure completeness and accuracy of documentation; and
- During the project, build contributing chapters to the helpdesk manual.
- Working towards undergraduate degree in English, Journalism, or Technical field is preferred; but other majors may be considered based on writing experience and accomplishments;
- Strong writing and documentation skills; experience writing user guidance and training materials preferred;
- Strong organizational skills including helping to manage technical projects; and
- Technically savvy and able to quickly pick up basic computer programs and tools.
Futurex is seeking to fill the position of Technical Writer. The ideal candidate will be responsible for editing/revising existing technical documentation and working with team members to develop new content. Secondary responsibilities may include assisting with other customer-facing marketing initiatives and tasks.
The qualified candidate must be willing to work under general supervision with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. The candidate must have superior attention to detail. The qualified candidate should possess the ability to learn new information quickly and incorporate it into various types of customer-facing documents and to respond to requests from several different areas of the company in a flexible way.
- Superior attention to detail
- Aptitude for quickly building an understanding of technical concepts
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Strong communication skills
- Flexibility to assist in several different departments of the company