Texas Tech University

On English 1301 and 1302

See Rhetoric and Composition (https://www.depts.ttu.edu/english/composition/default.php) for questions regarding including overrides, credit, RaiderWriter, teacher queries, and more. Credit for English 1301 and 1302 can be earned at TTU in a variety of ways:

  • ACT or SAT scores
  • AP credit
  • CLEP credit
  • IB credit

You can see what credit TTU grants for your score in a chart maintained by the Academic Testing Office. The chart is also usually in the undergraduate catalog. In older catalogs (before 2008-2009) and in 2010-2011 look up "Credit by Examination". There are also copies of the catalogs online. At that site go to the links on the left and choose “Electronic Archive.”

In order to contact the College Board to have AP scores sent:
AP Services
PO Box 6671
Princeton, NJ 08541-6671
Phone: (609) 771-7300 or (888) 225-5427 (toll-free in the U.S. and Canada)
Email: apexams@info.collegeboard.org

If credit for English 1301 and 1302 was earned but is not posted on your transcript, then make sure the institution granting the credit sends the score report to the Registrar's office (PO Box 45015, Texas Tech University, Lubbock TX 79409-5015) at TTU. Remember that it is your responsibility to make sure the scores appear on your transcript. If a reasonable amount of time has passed and the credit is still not there, follow up. If you aren't sure who to contact to send the scores to TTU, contact the Registrar's office (806-742-3661).

If you are interested in taking the CLEP test to earn credit for English 1301, 1302, or sophomore English, you may inquire about that test in the Academic Testing Office (806-742-3671, West Hall 214). The test must be taken 3 months prior to getting credit on transcript.

If you took a course at another institution, that you think should be equivalent to English 1301 or 1302, but which the Transfer Evaluation Office did not so indicate, please acquire either a catalog description of the course (must be from the catalog that was in effect during the time period you took the course) or the syllabus from the course (must be the exact teacher and the exact semester you took it) and get that to Dr. Monica Norris (monica.norris@ttu.edu). The syllabus is preferred, but not always easy to come by.