FAFSA Opens October 1
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid is the form that the federal government, states, colleges and other organizations use to award financial aid. Submitting it is your key to accessing grants, scholarships, work-study programs and student loans.
Fill out the application each year you're in college — it only takes 30 minutes on average to complete when you're prepared. Let's get started.
USE 2016 TAX INFORMATION TO COMPLETE THE 2018-19 FAFSA.
FAFSA Email Reminder
Get an email reminder to your InBox when it's time to submit your 2018-19 FAFSA.
FAFSA Step by Step
1. Get your FSA ID
2. Gather the necessary documents
3. Complete the FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov
4. Use the IRS Data Retrieval tool
5. Submit to Texas Tech University (School Code 003644)
1. Review your Student Aid Report (SAR) at www.fafsa.gov
2. Correct or update your FAFSA if necessary
3. Complete additional financial aid forms, if they're required
4. Go through the verification process if you're selected(We'll email your TTU Email of any additional requirements)
7. Renew your FAFSA every year of college