Financial Aid Checklist
Financial Aid helps assist you with the costs of your education. This includes any scholarships, grants, student loans, private loans, work study and waivers.
Apply for Admission to Texas Tech University using the ApplyTexas.org application.
- Aid cannot be awarded until you are admitted.
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at fafsa.gov.
- Opens Oct 1, using prior year income.
- Texas Tech School Code 003644. Please utilize the DRT-Data Retrieval Tool.
- At Texas Tech your FAFSA data is used to qualify you for financial aid. Since
- grant funding is limited, priority is given to early applications.
Apply for Texas Tech scholarships
- Go to scholarships.ttu.edu. The deadline is December 1st.
Complete your enrollment certification.
- Students will receive emails asking them to indicate enrollment.
Contact Student Business Services about waivers and exemptions, if needed.
- Waivers and exemptions might include bordering state or county, military, etc.
If your FAFSA data does not match your current situation, you may qualify for an adjustment to your FAFSA.
- An adjustment to your financial aid awards might be possible.
Set up your Direct Deposit account.
- Sign in to raiderlink.ttu.edu with your eRaider and add your banking
- information at the My Direct Deposit link under Manage My Finances. Funds
- disburse 10 days prior to the start of class each semester.
Check Raiderlink and your Texas Tech email account.
- Additional requirements or opportunities are emailed to admitted students using
- their Raiderlink and TTU email accounts.
Seek additional funding.