In the Media
2017 2016 2015 2014 2013
- December 3, 2013 — Texas Tech's FMI receives $1.7 million grant to study economic freedom, prosperity— Lubbock Avalanche-Journal — The Lubbock Avalanche-Journal reports on the press release from Texas Tech University announcing a grant that the
Free Market Institute received from the John Templeton Foundation.
- December 2, 2013 — To Fix Immigration, Improve U.S. Education and Link Visas to Employer Needs — The Management Blog — Bloomberg Businessweek — Harold Sirkin cites Broken Borders: Government, Foreign-Born Workers, and the U.S. Economy, a recent research report co-authored by Benjamin Powell (with Zachary Gochenour)
and published by The Independent Institute, in his discussion of the ongoing debate
about immigration reform.
- September 20, 2013 — Walter E. Williams lectures on government's role— Lubbock Avalanche-Journal — The Lubbock Avalanche-Journal provides a recap of Walter Williams' lecture about the role of government in a free society.
- September 19, 2013 — Walter E. Williams gives lecture to professors, students about economy— The Daily Toreador — The Daily Toreador profiles Walter Williams' visit to Texas Tech University, where he delivered a public
lecture about the role of government in a free society.
- June 24, 2013 — Tech professor visits Europe, gives economics advice— The Daily Toreador — The Daily Toreador features commentary from Benjamin Powell in a story profiling his recent visit to
countries in Eastern and Southern Europe as a participant in the 6th annual Free Market
- June 11, 2013 — Panel Reinforces Need for Immigration Reform— Nashua Patch — The Nashua Patch reports on a panel in which Benjamin Powell participated, sharing his views on the
needed priorities for immigration reform.
- May 16, 2013 — Opinion: Bangladeshi tragedy doesn't rationalize the fair trade agenda— Journalists for Human Rights — Alex Vronces, columnist at the Prince Arthur Herald, interviews Benjamin Powell and cites his research on the economics of low-wage employment
in developing countries.
- March 6, 2013 — Texas Tech opens Free Market Institute— Lubbock Avalanche-Journal — The Lubbock Avalanche-Journal informs the Lubbock community of the official launch of the Free Market Institute
at Texas Tech University.
- March 6, 2013 — Free Market Institute opens at Tech, receives donation— The Daily Toreador — The Daily Toreador profiles the official introduction of the Free Market Institute with commentary from
Benjamin Powell, Interim President Lawrence Schovanec and other attendees.
[Back to In the Media Main Page] [Back to Top]