In the Media
Op-Eds and Short Articles
2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013
- September 6, 2017 — 3 Good Things about "Price Gouging" — Mises Wire — Robert Murphy discusses some underappreciated benefits of price adjustments in
the wake of natural disasters.
- August 7, 2017 — States Should Follow Oregon's Lead and Decriminalize Hard Drugs — The Hill — Benjamin Powell discusses recent news about the possibility of decriminalization
of several illicit drugs in the state of Oregon.
- July 11, 2017 — Financial Regulation Protects Big Banks, Hurts Economy — The Dallas Morning News — Alexander Salter discusses the impact of federal financial regulations on competition
in financial markets and on the economy overall.
- June 27, 2017 — How Come the GOP Can't Come Up with a Conservative Health Care Plan? — The Dallas Morning News — Alexander Salter discusses the political incentives underlying the current debate
about federal healthcare legislation.
- June 22, 2017 — The Fed is Essentially Lawless, and That's a Drag on the Nation's Economy — The Dallas Morning News — Alexander Salter discusses the relationship of the governance of the Federal Reserve
to the rule of law.
- June 13, 2017 — More Immigration Does Not Mean Less Economic Freedom — Reason — Benjamin Powell discusses recent popular and scholarly commentary on the relationship
between increases in immigration and economic freedom.
- May 8, 2017 — The Venezuelan Crisis is Due to Economic Ignorance — American Thinker — Robert Murphy discusses the unfolding economic and political crisis in Venezuela.
- April 13, 2017 — Economics of Immigration are at Odds with Politics — The Hill — Benjamin Powell summarizes the major findings of social science research on the
economic impact of immigration in the light of a recent open letter issued by a number
- March 16, 2017 — Here's the Real 'Immigration Problem' Trump Should be Tackling — CNBC — Benjamin Powell discusses the differences between the rhetoric of President
Trump and the findings of social science with respect to immigration issues.
- March 6, 2017 — Free Trade, Protectionism, & the Limits of Economic Analysis — The Imaginative Conservative — Alexander Salter discusses the scope of economic analysis in evaluation of public
- March 6, 2017 — Opting Out of Social Security — The Library of Economics and Liberty — Robert Murphy discusses the potential impact of allowing individuals to opt out
of the U.S. social security system.
- February 22, 2017 — The Downside of a Trump Tariff — The Washington Times — Benjamin Powell discusses the potential implications of increases in tariffs for
on goods produced in Mexico.
- January 19, 2017 — Socialism, Not Oil, is the Cause of Venezuela's Problems — Inside Sources — Benjamin Powell discusses the causes of the recent economic collapse in Venezuela
(also posted at ZeroHedge.com)
[Back to In the Media Main Page] [Back to Top]