In the Media
Radio and Podcast Interviews
2017 2016 2015 2014 2013
- December 12, 2013 — Dr. Powell Discussed Purpose and Reception of the Texas Tech Free Market Institute — The Chad Hasty Show — KFYO News/Talk 790 AM — Benjamin Powell joins Chad Hasty to discuss economic freedom
in the United States and the progress that the Free Market Institute has made during
its first year.
- November 1, 2013 — But...Somalia! — The Tom Woods Show — Benjamin Powell joins Tom Woods to discuss comparative institutional analysis with
particular application to the current situation and recent historical experience in Somalia.
- October 9, 2013 — Public Occurrences, Episode 39: Immigration — Public Occurrences — The Wildcat 91.9 FM — Jason Beets interviews Benjamin Powell prior to his public
lecture at Kansas State University on the economics of immigration.
- September 18, 2013 — The Roger Hedgecock Show — Radio America — Benjamin Powell joins Roger Hedgecock to discuss the release of
the 2013 Economic Freedom of the World Annual Report , highlighting the trends that have contributed to the continuing decline of economic
freedom in the United States.
- September 18, 2013 — Dr. Walter E. Williams to Speak at the Texas Tech University Free Market Institute — The Chad Hasty Show — KFYO News/Talk 790 AM — Benjamin Powell joins Chad Hasty to discuss Walter Williams'
upcoming visit and the importance of economic freedom.
- September 17, 2013 — The Lynn Woolley Show — Benjamin Powell discusses the likely consequences of the implementation of Obamacare
and the case for liberalization of immigration restrictions.
- September 17, 2013 — West Texas Today with Dave King and Jim Douglass — FOX Talk 950 AM/100.7 FM — Benjamin Powell and Walter Williams visit West Texas Today to discuss Dr. Williams' visit to Texas Tech University.
- September 12, 2013 — The Rising Income Gap: Is It All That Bad? — The Record — KUOW 94.9 FM Seattle — The Record features Benjamin Powell and Dean Baker (Center for Economic and Policy Research)
for a discussion of their perspectives on wealth inequality.
- May 1, 2013 — Do Workers Have Anything to Celebrate on May Day? — World Have Your Say — BBC World Service — Benjamin Powell participates in a discussion about labor rights
and the collapse of the Rana Plaza garment factory.
- April 9, 2013 — Price of Business — Business 1110 AM — KTEK Houston — Benjamin Powell visits Price of Business to discuss the establishment of the Free Market Institute and his recent op-ed on
Tax Freedom Day.
- April 5, 2013 — West Texas Today with Dave King and Jim Douglass — FOX Talk 950 AM/100.7 FM — Benjamin Powell and Tom Woods visit West Texas Today to discuss Dr. Woods' public lecture hosted by the TTU Catholic Students Association,
FMI, and the Leadership Institute.
- March 26, 2013 — West Texas Today with Dave King and Jim Douglass — FOX Talk 950 AM/100.7 FM — Benjamin Powell and Peter Leeson visit West Texas Today to discuss his research on the law and economics of early eighteenth century piracy.
- March 22, 2013 — Pratt on Texas — KFYO News/Talk 790 AM — Benjamin Powell visits Pratt on Texas to discuss the recent launch of the Free Market Institute and ongoing economic and
public policy issues.
- March 6, 2013 — FOX Talk in the Morning with Dave King and Jim Douglass — FOX Talk
950 AM/100.7 FM — Benjamin Powell visits West Texas Today to discuss the launch of the Free Market Institute.
- March 1, 2013 — Ben Powell on The Schilling Show WINA Radio — The Schilling Show — WINA Radio — Benjamin Powell discusses the minimum wage with host Rob Schilling.
[Back to In the Media Main Page] [Back to Top]