Free Market Institute (FMI) faculty and staff engage in outreach efforts to inform
students, academic and public policy professionals, and the general public about FMI
research and teaching programs and initiatives. Faculty and staff deliver public lectures
and participate in conferences, seminars, and other events across the nation and the world.
Free Market Road Show
The Free Market Road Show (FMRS) brings together leading business people, outstanding scholars and students,
opinion leaders, policy experts, elected officials, diplomats and other interested
parties from across Europe to discuss major contemporary issues in European and international
During May 2013, FMI Director, Prof. Benjamin Powell, participated as a panelist for several events on the 6th annual Free Market Road Show. Please see below for a listing of the programs that included Prof. Powell.
To Save or Not to Save: Will Austerity Programs Alone Save Europe?
- May 20, 2013 — Skopje, Macedonia
- May 21, 2013 — Tirana, Albania
- May 23, 2013 — Podgorica, Montenegro
- May 27, 2013 — Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- May 28, 2013 — Belgrade, Serbia
- May 29, 2013 — Zagreb, Croatia
- May 30, 2013 — Ljubljana, Slovenia