Free Market Institute (FMI) faculty and staff engage in outreach efforts to inform students, academic and public policy professionals, and the general public about FMI research and teaching programs and initiatives. Faculty and staff deliver public lectures and participate in conferences, seminars, and other events across the nation and the world. This page provides a listing of noteworthy outreach efforts.
Out of Poverty: Sweatshops in the Global Economy
FMI Director, Benjamin Powell, visits campuses, student groups and community groups across the country to promote his book Out of Poverty: Sweatshops in the Global Economy (Cambridge University Press, 2014), which is part of the Cambridge Studies in Economics, Cognition and Society Book Series.
Please see below for a listing of the campuses and organizations that have hosted Prof. Powell. Where available, links to video of the presentation, press releases or other reports on the visit are provided.
- Wellesley College — October 19, 2015
- St. Cloud State University — September 29, 2015
- Florida Gulf Coast University — September 18, 2015
- Florida Atlantic University — September 17, 2015
- California State University East Bay — May 6, 2015
- Metropolitan State University of Denver (Debate) — February 12, 2015
- Junto — February 5, 2015
- Saint John's University — February 4, 2015
- Loyola University New Orleans — January 22, 2015