What is a QEP?
According to SACSCOC guidelines, a QEP should:
- Contribute to the improvement of student learning or to the environment for student learning;
- Emerge from an institutional process that identifies key issues emerging from institutional assessment;
- Be based on demonstrated need or opportunity to improve student learning that can be supported by data;
- Be linked to the university strategic plan and/or mission;
- Be focused and assessable;
- Not be narrowly targeted toward a small or isolated subset of the Texas Tech University student body, and
- Have the support of students, faculty, and other stakeholder groups that may be involved in its implementation.
Didn't Tech just do a QEP?
Yes, Texas Tech's first QEP was from 2005-2010. This first QEP, titled, "Do the Right Thing: A Campus Conversation on Ethics" focused on increasing campus learning and commitment to ethical behavior and issues.