The Graduate Center offers complimentary studio headshots for graduate students and postdoctoral fellows. Those headshots are intended to project professionalism and aid you in your job search. We want you to be as successful as possible and not only here and now but also in the future!
Headshots are scheduled by appointment only and available on Mondays from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m., and are taken in the Student Services Room of the Graduate Center. Please schedule your appointment at http://ttu.mobi/headshots.
- Your head shots will be available 1-2 days following your appointment and will be sent to you via email.
- The email will contain a link to download the hi-res images from Texas Tech University OneDrive. OneDrive photos will be purged monthly and recommend that you copy your headshot to your OneDrive as soon as you receive it from us.
- By taking advantage of this service you automatically consent to terms of the
Texas Tech University Photo Release Form
What to wear to your photo session?
Type of clothing
- We require business attire, at minimum business casual (gentlemen: slacks & a collared shirt) but we strongly recommend a business professional attire (suit, collared shirt, gentlemen: tie)
- Classic fashion choices can keep your headshot timeless!
- Dress for the job you want and not necessarily for the one you have.
Colors and patterns
- Determine what color suits you best, for a good overview consult AK Headshots Color Guide
- Dark solid or muted colors tend to work best
- Avoid white or very light jackets
- Avoid clothing with busy patterns such as very fine checks or plaids
- Good rule, though not a requirement, is to keep it your outfit looking pretty traditional and show your style in small accents. For example, save stronger colors and patterns for accessories like jewelry, scarves or ties. Unfortunately, not every hiring manager may share your creative flair!
- Wear clothing without logos. While you might be bleeding red and black not every hiring manager might share your school spirit!
- Avoid large and distracting accessories, large earrings, or large necklaces
- Wear something you feel good in and that makes you feel confident, it will show in your picture!
- If you are unsure of what to wear bring a second option and see how they both look on camera