Now that you are a new graduate student at TTU
The Graduate School at Texas Tech University is proud to welcome you into our select group of scholars!
Here are some helpful hints as you begin your journey with us.
- Your eRaider account is your TTU electronic identification. Your eRaider is a single username and password that is required to access many resources at TTU.
- Your eRaider account allows you to access your TechMail (e-mail), access the Internet on campus, access MyTech for registration and information, enroll in computing short courses, take advantage of online training, create a personal website, download free software, and much more. Visit www.eraider.ttu.edu for activation. Please contact IT Help Central at 806-742-HELP (4357) for assistance in activating your account.
- New domestic graduate students are eligible for pre-registration; new international students must complete check-in and orientation requirements before they are eligible to register. You may register through your academic department or online at: www.raiderlink.ttu.edu on the “MyTech” tab.
- You may make payments with a personal check, money order, or credit card. They may be mailed directly to Student Business Services at Box 41099, Lubbock, TX 79409. For additional information, visit the Student Business Services website: www.sbs.ttu.edu/ for more information.
- You may get your student I.D. card in Room 104 of the Student Union Building; the phone number for the ID office is (806)742-1457. You will need your I.D. card to check out library books, to reserve rooms or study carrels, to use the library computers, to receive medical treatement in the Thompson Hall student medical clinic, admission into athletic events and other campus activities, and to cash checks on campus.
- All students born after 12/31/56 must show proof of having had two MMR (Measles-Mumps-Rubella) vaccinations. A test for Tuberculosis may also be required. For more information: Student Immunizations.
- As a Graduate Student, you may request assignment to any of the 17 residence halls on campus. The Housing and Dining Services office is located in Room 106 of Doak Hall; they may be contacted by phone: (806)742-2661.
- The Student Government Association publishes an off-campus housing guide for students. They may be reached at (806)742-3631and are located on the third floor of the Student Union Building.
- Other off-campus housing information may be found at http://www.lubbockhospitality.net/apartments/ or at http://www.lubbockapartments.com/.
- The financial aid office is located in Room 310 of West Hall and may be reached by telephone at (806)742-3681 or at www.fina.ttu.edu.
- You may apply online for scholarships and fellowships through the Graduate School at http://www.depts.ttu.edu/gradschool/scholarships/.
- Contact your academic department for information about teaching, research and graduate assistantships, if you have not done so already.
- Financial opportunities are available through both the Graduate School and graduate academic departments. Students may apply for graduate school scholarships online by visiting our website http://www.depts.ttu.edu/gradschool/scholarships/. Students should contact their academic department for any other scholarship or assistantship opportunities. Applying for graduate school scholarships does not automatically submit your name for a departmental scholarship or vice versa.
- For specific questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please contact the Office of Student Financial Aid for other scholarship, grant, and loan opportune ties at http://www.financialaid.ttu.edu/ or (806) 742-3681 to speak with an advisor.
- You will need to purchase a permit from the Office of Traffic and Parking if you plan to park on campus. That office may be reached at: www.depts.ttu.edu/parking or by phone (806) 742-3811.
- On campus bus service is provided by Citibus at no additional charge and makes a variety of stops around campus. In addition, Citibus has routes that run all over the city of Lubbock. For additional information on Lubbock’s Citibus services, call (806) 712-2000 or email email@example.com or visit their website at http://www.citibus.com/
- Required Steps for a Master’s Degree
- Required Steps for a Doctoral Degree
- Additional Information for Current Graduate Students
|Office of Graduate Admissions
Room 03 Holden Hall (806) 742-278
|Student Business Services
163 Drane Hall
|Lubbock Chamber of Commerce
1500 Broadway, 6th Floor
Lubbock, TX 79401
|Lubbock City Guide