Procedures and Deadlines
- During the second semester, students should meet with the graduate program coordinator for Interdisciplinary Studies in order to make decisions about who will serve on the three-person committee and to complete the degree plan.
- Students should review the various types of comprehensive components allowed for the interdisciplinary studies program.
- The formal meeting with the committee should take place no later than one week before the last day to report the results to the Graduate School for the semester in which the student intends to graduate (see the official calendar for exact dates).
- A student who fails to give satisfactory answers to the committee's questions at the comprehensive presentation or who submits a document that the committee judges to be unsatisfactory will have his or her graduation postponed until the student is able to submit a satisfactory product and respond appropriately to questions from the committee.
- The chair of the student's review committee must submit a report on the outcome of the formal meeting to the Graduate School no later than one week after the meeting, or before the last day to report the results to the Graduate School. The report will indicate whether the student's final comprehensive component was satisfactory or unsatisfactory.