Texas Tech University

Newly Admitted Students


I've been admitted – now what?

Now that you are a new graduate student at TTU

The Graduate School at Texas Tech University is proud to welcome you into our select group of scholars! Listed below is information that will help you as you begin your journey with us.

Official Documents

Once admitted, all students are be required to submit official transcripts, diplomas/degree certificates, and test scores by the twelfth class day of the term to which the applicant is admitted. Official documents can be provided in the following ways:

  • Mailed using the below address based on method of shipment you use. This can be from you or the institution
  • Electronically directly from the institution if available-see below for options
  • Brought in to our office directly by you. You will meet with an evaluator in order for your documents to be reviewed and holds lifted. If you have foreign official credentials, the evaluator will make an official copy for our records and return the official documents to you during your office visit. This method is preferred for students with foreign credentials as many times this is the only original document that has been provided to you by your institution.

Please use the addresses listed below for whatever method of shipment you chose to send your materials:

Physical Mailing Address
(Express Mail Only)
Texas Tech University
Office of Graduate Admissions
2625 Memorial Circle
Administration 328
Lubbock, TX 79409-1030

Postal Mailing Address
(US Postal Service regular airmail)
Texas Tech University Office of Graduate Admissions
Box 41030 Lubbock, TX 79409-1030

Electonic Transcripts
Several US institutions offer electronic delivery of official transcripts. If your institution offers such a service, we encourage you to use it, as electronic transcripts typically arrive much sooner than those sent via regular airmail. For schools which use ANSI/ASC X12-formatted electronic transcripts, you should only have to indicate that you wish to send your transcripts to Texas Tech University; these types of transcripts are delivered directly to the TTU Registrar's office and uploaded into your file in our secure digital filing system. For institutions using a secure electronic transcript delivery service (such as the National Student Clearinghouse, e-Scrip Safe, or Parchment), please make sure that those are sent to graduate.admissions@ttu.edu rather than your prospective department.

Immunization Requirements

Beginning in Spring 2012, all newly admitted students must provide proof of a bacterial meningitis vaccine BEFORE they can register for classes. Please visit the university's meningitis vaccine information page for more information about the requirement, including exemptions and waivers, at www.admissions.ttu.edu/index.php/admission-financial_aid/meningitis-vaccine/.

Additionally, all students must provide proof of additional immunizations by the twelfth class day of their first semester of enrollment; some international students may also be required to submit tuberculosis screening results. Please visit the Student Health Services' website for more information: http://www.ttuhsc.edu/studenthealth/documents/Offical_Immunization_2009.pdf


Visit with your advisor to determine what courses to take. Course schedules are available in the Radierlink portal: http://portal.texastech.edu on the "MyTech" tab.

Tuition & Fee Payment

Your tuition bill is available in Raiderlink. The preferred method of payment is eBill, and you can pay with electronic bank transfer, credit card or debit card through eBill. International students can also make payments through peerTransfer. Visit the Student Business Services website: www.sbs.ttu.edu for more information.

Student Identification Card

Once you are registered for classes, you can get your student identification card at the University ID office, located in the Student Union Building in Room 103.


You may apply for on-campus housing through University Student Housing: www.housing.ttu.edu; however, on-campus housing for graduate students is very limited. The majority of graduate students live off-campus.

Other off-campus housing information may be found at http://www.lubbockhospitality.net/apartments or at http://www.lubbockapartments.com.

Financial Aid/Scholarships

Domestic graduate students in degree-seeking programs may be eligible for federal/state financial aid. Please contact Student Financial Aid office, located in West Hall Room 310, for more information. They may be reached by telephone at (806) 742-3681, and their website is located here: www.financialaid.ttu.edu.

The Graduate School awards several scholarships and fellowships, and applications are available online here.

Additionally, we encourage you to contact your academic department for information about teaching/research assistantships and scholarships if you have not already done so.

Parking & Transportation

If you plan to park on campus, you will need to purchase a parking permit from University Parking Services, located in the Administrative Support Center in Room 145. They may be reached by telephone at (806) 742-3811, and their website is located here: www.parking.ttu.edu.

On-campus bus service is provided by Citibus, Lubbock's public bus system. These buses stop at several locations on both the university campus and Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center's campus. Additionally, students with valid student ID cards are able to ride Citibus off-campus for free. For additional information on Citibus services and routes, please call (806) 742-2000 or visit their website here: www.citibus.com.

Graduate Student Advisory Council

The Graduate Student Advisory Council (GSAC) provides representation on specific issues of importance to graduate students: Advocacy and Representation; Improving Quality of Graduate Student Life; and Events, Programming, and Social. GSAC provides numerous educational, professional development and social activities for graduate students throughout the year. For more information, please visit their website: www.gsac.ttu.edu.

Currently Enrolled Graduate Student Information/Forms

For important information and forms for currently enrolled graduate students, please visit the Graduate School's Division of Graduate Student Enrollment Services website here.

Helpful Contacts/Links

Office of Graduate Admissions

327 Administration (806) 742-278 | www.gradschool.ttu.edu | mailto:graduate.admissions@ttu.edu

Student Business Services

163 Drane Hall | (806) 742-3272 | www.sbs.ttu.edu

Lubbock Chamber of Commerce

1500 Broadway, 6th Floor, Lubbock, TX 79401 | 806-747-5232 | www.lubbockchamber.com

Lubbock City Guide