Important Information for your Commencement Ceremony
The Graduate School's Fall 2018 commencement ceremony will be held on Friday, December 14, 2018 at 7:00 PM in the United Supermarkets Arena. This ceremony is for Masters and Doctoral students who have submitted an application to graduate for the Fall term.
Your regalia must be ordered through the Barnes and Noble campus bookstore, 806.742.3816 or 1.800.377.7329.
The deadline to order your cap and gown is no later than October 23rd.
Students may not have any type of decoration on their caps (mortar boards). Caps that have any type of decor will be exchanged for a plain cap.
Students who do not wish to shake hands with the stage party for cultural or religious reasons are asked to contact the Graduate School office.
- All Students need to arrive no later than 6:00 PM. Park in the commuter west lot and enter through the drive-in bay entry at the north end of the arena (ramp located in the middle of the parking lot on the north side).
- Signs and staff will direct students to the check-in the tables located at the entrance. Students will receive a reader card (printed with student's name and a seat number).
- Students should proceed into the Practice Court and locate the matching seat number as indicated on the reader card. Please keep your card in hand at all times prior to and during the ceremony.
- Doctoral candidates will carry their hoods and be formally hooded by their major professor(s). Professor(s) hooding doctoral candidates should be in the practice court by least 6:00 PM.
- Master's candidates will wear their hoods.
Diplomas will be given out to attendees in the City Bank Room upstairs in the arena AFTER the ceremony. Students who have not met all graduation requirements will not be able to pick up their diplomas. All remaining diplomas will be available for pick up 5 business days following commencement. After the mandatory 5 business days, diplomas will be mailed to the address listed on the application to graduate.
As per Texas Tech University Operating Procedures: a student may only receive 1 diploma.
If you have decided NOT to attend the AUGUST ceremony or will NOT graduate this semester as planned, please notify the Graduate Enrollment Services team by email at email@example.com.
For more information about commencement visit the Provost's office website.
For more information about commencement visit the Provost's Office website.