Important Information for your Commencement Ceremony
The Graduate School's August 2017 commencement ceremony will be held on Saturday, August 12, 2017, at 9:00 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. (specific college times listed below) in the United Supermarkets Arena. This ceremony is for Masters and Doctoral students who have submitted an application to graduate for the summer term.
|9:00 a.m.||1:30 p.m.*|
|Agricultural Sciences & Natural Resources||Business Administration|
|Arts & Sciences||Human Sciences|
|Education||Visual & Performing Arts|
|Media & Communication|
*The following Graduate School programs will attend the 9:00 a.m. ceremony: Arid Land Studies, Biotechnology, Interdisciplinary Studies, and Museum Science.
- Your regalia must be ordered through the Barnes and Noble campus bookstore, 806.742.3816 or 1.800.377.7329. The deadline to order your cap and gown is June 11th.
- DO NOT BRING backpacks, purses, or cameras to the Practice Court.
- Students may not have any type of decoration on their caps (mortar boards). Caps that have any type of decor will be exchanged for a plain cap.
- All students will enter through the drive-in bay entry at the north end of the arena (ramp located in the middle of the parking lot on the north side).
- Upon arrival, students will check in at the tables located at the entrance. Students will receive a reader card (printed with student's name and a seat number).
- Students should proceed into the Practice Court and locate the matching seat number as indicated on the reader card. Please keep your card in hand at all times prior to and during the ceremony.
- Students should arrive by 8:00 a.m. for the morning ceremony and 12:30 p.m. for the afternoon ceremony.
- Doctoral candidates will carry their hoods and be formally hooded by their major professor(s). Professor(s) hooding doctoral candidates should be in the practice court at least an hour before each ceremony will begin.
- Master's candidates will wear their hoods.
If you have decided NOT to attend the August ceremony or will NOT graduate this semester as planned, please notify the Graduate Enrollment Services team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As per Texas Tech University Operating Procedures: a student may only receive 1 diploma. All diplomas will be mailed out to August graduates to the address listed on the graduation application.
For more information about commencement visit the Provost's Office website.