Important Information for your Commencement Ceremony
The Graduate School's Summer 2018 commencement ceremony will be held on Saturday, August 11, 2018 in the United Supermarkets Arena. This ceremony is for Masters and Doctoral students who have submitted an application to graduate for the Summer term. Summer commencement is split up by colleges into two ceremonies; please see the schedule here.
Dress and Regalia
Your regalia must be ordered through the Barnes and Noble campus bookstore, 806.742.3816
or 800.377.7329. Orders for Summer regalia will begin on June 3rd and the deadline is June 15th.
Students may not have any type of decoration on their caps (mortar boards). Caps that have any type of decor will be exchanged for a plain cap.
- All Students need to arrive no later than 1 hour prior to their ceremony time. Park in the commuter west lot and enter through the drive-in bay entry at the north end of the arena (ramp located in the middle of the parking lot on the north side).
- Signs and staff will direct students to the check-in the tables located at the entrance. Students will receive a reader card (printed with student's name and a seat number).
- Students should proceed into the Practice Court and locate the matching seat number as indicated on the reader card. Please keep your card in hand at all times prior to and during the ceremony.
- Doctoral candidates will carry their hoods and be formally hooded by their major professor(s). Professor(s) hooding doctoral candidates should be in the practice court at least 1 hour prior to the ceremony.
- Master's candidates will wear their hoods.
Diplomas will be available for pick up beginning the week following commencement, for 5 business days. After the mandatory 5 business days, diplomas will be mailed to the address listed on the application to graduate. You will have 5 business days following graduation to notify the graduate school of any changes to your mailing address. You may make these changes by emailing the Graduate Enrollment Services team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As per Texas Tech University Operating Procedures: a student may only receive 1 diploma.
If you have decided NOT to attend the AUGUST ceremony or will NOT graduate this semester as planned, please notify the Graduate Enrollment Services team by email at email@example.com.
For more information about commencement visit the Provost's Office website.