Important Information for your Commencement Ceremony
The Graduate School May 2017 commencement will be held on Friday, May 19, 2017 at 7:00 P.M. in the United Supermarket Arena. This ceremony is for Masters and Doctoral students who have submitted an application to graduate for the spring term.
Your regalia must be ordered through the Barnes and Noble campus bookstore, 806.742.3816 or 1.800.377.7329. The deadline to order your cap and gown is March 22.
DO NOT BRING backpacks, purses, or cameras to the Practice Court.
Students may not have any type of decoration on their caps (mortar boards). Caps that have any type of decor will be exchanged for a plain cap.
- All Students should arrive no later than 5:30 P.M . Students will enter through the drive-in bay entry at the north end of the arena (ramp located in the middle of the parking lot on the north side).
- Upon arrival, students will check in at the tables located at the entrance. Students will receive a reader card (printed with student's name and a seat number).
- Students should proceed into the Practice Court and locate the matching seat number as indicated on the reader card. Please keep your card in hand at all times prior to and during the ceremony.
- . Doctoral candidates will carry their hoods and be formally hooded by their major professor(s). Professor(s) hooding doctoral candidates should be in the Practice Court by at least 6:00 P.M.
- Master’s candidates will wear their hoods.
All diplomas will be given out to attendees in the City Bank Room upstairs in the arena AFTER the ceremony. Any students who have not met all graduation requirements will not be able to pick up their diplomas. As per Texas Tech University Operating Procedures: a student may only receive 1 diploma; all remaining diplomas will be available for pick up 5 business days following commencement. After the mandatory 5 business days, diplomas will be mailed to the address listed on the application to graduate.
If you have decided NOT to attend the May ceremony or will NOT graduate this semester
as planned, please notify the Graduate Enrollment Services team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about commencement visit the Provost's Office website.