Important Information for your Commencement Ceremony
The Graduate School's December 2017 commencement ceremony will be held on Friday, December 15, 2017, at 7:00 p.m. in the United Supermarkets Arena. This ceremony is for Masters and Doctoral students who have submitted an application to graduate for the fall term.
Dress and Regalia
Your regalia must be ordered through the Barnes and Noble campus bookstore, 806.742.3816 or 800.377.7329. The deadline to order your cap and gown is no later than October 23rd.
Students may not have any type of decoration on their caps (mortar boards). Caps that have any type of decor will be exchanged for a plain cap.
- All Students need to arrive no later than 6:00 p.m. Park in the commuter west lot and enter through the drive-in bay entry at the north end of the arena (ramp located in the middle of the parking lot on the north side).
- Signs and staff will direct students to the check-in the tables located at the entrance. Students will receive a reader card (printed with student's name and a seat number).
- Students should proceed into the Practice Court and locate the matching seat number as indicated on the reader card. Please keep your card in hand at all times prior to and during the ceremony.
- Doctoral candidates will carry their hoods and be formally hooded by their major professor(s). Professor(s) hooding doctoral candidates should be in the practice court by at least 6:00 p.m.
- Master's candidates will wear their hoods.
Diplomas will be given out to attendees in the City Bank Room upstairs in the arena AFTER the ceremony. Students who have not met all graduation requirements will not be able to pick up their diplomas. All remaining diplomas will be available for pick up 5 business days following commencement. After the mandatory 5 business days, diplomas will be mailed to the address listed on the application to graduate.
As per Texas Tech University Operating Procedures: a student may only receive 1 diploma.
If you have decided NOT to attend the December ceremony or will NOT graduate this semester as planned, please notify the Graduate Enrollment Services team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about commencement visit the Provost's Office website.