Application Status Check
Definitions and FAQ
Access to Graduate School Application Status Check is now through Raiderlink.
- Application Status
- Blank - This means that your file has not yet been evaluated by one of our admission advisors.
- Pending - Pending means that we have all the materials we need to evaluate your file, and your file has been added to the queue to be reviewed by one of our advisors. Your transcript's status will be updated when an advisor evaluates your file.
- Deferred to Department - Deferred to Department means that our office completed the preliminary evaluation of your file (which includes credential evaluation and review of English proficiency scores) and created paperwork for your prospective department to review. This also means that our office is awaiting a final admission decision pending departmental evaluation.
- Waiting for Test Scores (international applicants only) - Waiting for Test Scores means that we have not received either student-supplied or official TOEFL or IELTS scores. These scores are only valid for two years.
- Decision Date - This indicates the most recent update to your decision status, and it includes decision statuses of Pending, Deferred to Department, and Waiting for Test Scores. It does not necessarily mean that an admission decision has been made on your application.
- College Transcript - This code is designated for the final/official receipt of transcripts in our office.
- College Transcript Pending - Our database only allows us to code transcripts and diplomas as received if they are final and official. We created a separate requirement College Transcript Pending to indicate when either incomplete or unofficial transcripts are received.
- Degree/Diploma/Certificate - This will be updated once your file is reviewed by an admissions advisor.
- IELTS or TOEFL Scores (international applicants only) - Only official scores will be listed. Our database does not allow us to input student-supplied scores on the checklist.
Frequently Asked Questions
I applied at least a week ago. Why have I not received my eRaider username and activation
Neither the Office of Graduate Admissions nor Texas Tech University's IT Help Central issues nor creates eRaider usernames and activation codes. Please DO NOT call/email IT Help Central or Graduate Admissions to request your eRaider username/activation code. These items are created by a separate TTU system entity, and our offices do not have any control over how long that creation process takes. However, most eRaider usernames/activation codes are created within 5 to 10 business days. Once these items are created, the database will send out eRaider activation codes to each email address listed on the applicants' application.
Also, you will not receive a new eRaider username if you have previously been admitted to Texas Tech University, even if you never registered for or attended classes. You will need to contact IT Help Central (806-742-HELP; email@example.com) to get your eRaider account reactivated.
I activated my eRaider account but cannot log in to the Raiderlink portal. What should
Please make sure that you are logging into the correct website (http://raiderlink.ttu.edu/). There will not be an Applications tab in the eRaider Manager (http://eraider.ttu.edu/). Please contact IT Help Central if you log into the Raiderlink portal and receive an error upon log on or do not have an "Applications" tab.
Why are my transcripts listed as not received? Our database only allows us to code transcripts and diplomas as received if they are final and official. We created a separate requirement College Transcript Pending to indicate when either incomplete or unofficial transcripts are received.
Why are my GRE/GMAT scores not listed?
The Office of Graduate Admissions does not require GRE/GMAT scores, so this item is not listed on our checklist. However, if you submitted either student-supplied or official scores, these will be available for your prospective graduate advisor to review.
Why are my documents listed as not received? I sent my documents to your office already.
It takes between 3-6 weeks for us to enter materials received into our database due to the volume of applications and application materials we receive. These packets are processed in the order in which they were received. We encourage applicants to continue to check online as we cannot confirm receipt of packages via e-mail or telephone due to the volume of materials. Our office is working diligently to update materials as quickly as possible.
Do I need to submit my Sponsor's bank statement or Copy of my Passport Bio page for
my application to be processed?
These items are not mandatory to process. You may submit at the time of application if you have copies or you may wait until a final admission decision has been made. By providing at the time of applying it should speed up the time to process your I-20 if accepted. However you may choose to wait until an official admission decision is made, at which time our office will contact you with the estimated amount needed to prepare your I-20.
How will I know when a decision is made regarding my application?
All admission decisions will be posted on your application status. Please continue to check your status online at http://raiderlink.ttu.edu/.
My department told me I was admitted. When will my I-20 be issued?
At peak processing times, your admission and I-20 processing may take 3-6 weeks after your paperwork has been returned to our office. We realize that visa and travel arrangements must be made, but in an effort to be fair to all admitted applicants, all initial attendance I-20s are issued in the order in which we received decisions back from departments.