Texas Tech University
TTU HomeGraduate School Graduate School Domestic Prospective Students

Newly Admitted Students

Newly Admitted Students

Questions for newly admitted domestic and international students

How do I accept or decline the admission offer?

At present, the Office of Graduate and International Admissions does not require you to accept or decline the admission offer. However, some departments will, particularly if they have offered you financial assistance. Please check with your department to find out if they require you to accept their offer and how to do so.


Do I need to provide any immunization records?

Beginning in Spring 2012, all newly admitted students must provide proof of a bacterial meningitis vaccine BEFORE they can register for classes. Please visit the university's meningitis vaccine information page for more information about the requirement, including exemptions and waivers, at http://www.admissions.ttu.edu/index.php/admission-financial_aid/meningitis-vaccine/.

Additionally, all students must provide proof of additional immunizations by the twelfth class day of their first semester of enrollment; some international students may also be required to submit tuberculosis screening results. Please visit Student Health Services' immunization webpage (http://www.ttuhsc.edu/studenthealth/documents/Offical_Immunization_2009.pdf) for more information.


When do I enroll for classes?

Advanced registration begins about 3-4 months before the fall semester begins and about 2-3 months before the spring semester begins. You can find out the precise date by looking on the university calendar here: http://www.depts.ttu.edu/officialpublications/calendar/index.php. Search for "advanced registration".


How do I pay my tuition bill?

Your tuition bill is available in Raiderlink. The preferred method of payment is eBill, and you can pay with electronic bank transfer, credit card or debit card through eBill . International students can also make payments through peerTransfer (http://ttu.peertransfer.com/).


When do classes begin?

Please check the university calendar to find out when academic terms begin. The calendar is available here: http://www.depts.ttu.edu/officialpublications/calendar/index.php.


How do I get a student ID card?

Once you are registered for classes, you can get your student ID card at the University ID office, which is located in room 103 of the Student Union Building 103.


Is there on-campus housing for graduate students?

You may apply for on-campus housing through University Student Housing (http://www.housing.ttu.edu); however, on-campus housing for graduate students is very limited. The majority of graduate students live off-campus. You can find more information about living off-campus at the Lubbock Apartments website (http://www.lubbockapartments.com).


I was admitted but cannot enroll. Will my admission be automatically deferred to a new term?

No. Admission is guaranteed only for the term to which you were admitted. You may apply for a change of entry date by submitting a Graduate Application Change Form and a $50 application change form. Some departments will require you to submit updated departmental materials as well, so please check with your prospective department to find out what, if any, materials you will need to send to them.


How can I apply for financial assistance?

The Office of Graduate and International Admissions does not award any financial assistance. The majority of financial assistance is awarded by academic departments. Some programs may require a separate application, while some will consider each applicant at the time they review your application. Please visit your prospective department's website to find out how to apply for financial assistance.

Additionally, the Graduate School offers some fellowships and scholarships for new and continuing graduate students. For information on how to apply for these, please visit the Graduate School Fellowships and Scholarships page here: http://www.depts.ttu.edu/gradschool/funding/scholarships.php. The Graduate School also has additional information on other funding opportunities on our website here: http://www.depts.ttu.edu/gradschool/funding/financialaid.php


How can I get a campus parking permit?

Please visit University Parking Services' webpage for Student Parking (http://www.parking.ttu.edu/students/student-parking-home) to find out how students can get campus parking permits.


My classes will only be at night. Am I required to get a campus parking permit?

Please visit University Parking Services' webpage for Graduate Student Parking information: http://www.parking.ttu.edu/shared/graduate-student-parking.


When am I required to submit my final transcripts?

You must submit your final transcripts and diplomas by the twelfth (12th) class day of your first semester of enrollment at Texas Tech University.