Graduate School Scholarships and Fellowships
At the Graduate level of study, students need to check with both their academic department and the Graduate School for scholarship opportunities through Texas Tech University.
New and Continuing Students: There is only one application for all Graduate School Scholarships and Fellowships. Deadlines are in February of each year for awards for the upcoming fall and spring semesters.
- Majority of awards range from $3,000–$5,000 per year
- Scholarship awarding is based on a holistic approach and takes into account all factors surrounding scholarship and need. All of our scholarships are awarded on a competitive basis. Competitive scholarships, from the Graduate School or academic departments, of at least $1,000 for the academic year qualify students for in-state tuition, if applicable.
- The following Texas Tech University colleges will also consider this application for the graduate scholarships that they disburse: Education, Human Sciences, Media and Communication, Visual and Performing Arts
- On an individual departmental basis, your application will also be considered for other scholarships. These include, but not are not limited to: Classical and Modern Languages and Literature, Economics, English, Environmental Toxicology, Health Exercise and Sports Science, Physics, and Public Administration
The Graduate School administers several endowments to assist faculty in graduate student recruitment efforts. There is one nomination form for all of the recruitment fellowships we administer.
Deadlines are February 1 and June 15 for awards that may begin at any time during the 2013-2014 academic year.
- Master students: $4,000/year for two years
- Doctoral students: $4,000/year for four years