Employee Tuition Assistance Waiver
Information taken from Office of Student Business Services document: Available Exemptions and Waivers
Texas Tech employees may now qualify for the new Employee Tuition Assistance waiver, which will waive tuition and fees for one course per semester for Fall, Spring, and Summer terms. The waiver does not apply toward Extended Studies courses. In order to qualify for the waiver, the following criteria must be met:
- Must maintain 2.25 minimum cumulative GPA
- Must be a full-time benefits-eligible employee of TTU, TTUHSC or TTU System
- Must be in compliance with TTU and/or TTUHSC Operating Policies regarding employee enrollment
- Must have one (1) year continuous Texas Tech employment, at fulltime benefits-eligible status, prior to the start of the semester for which the tuition/fee waivers are applied
- Must be seeking a degree or certification, verifiable by admission status - As of Fall 2007, students showing as not yet admitted into a degree program (GTMP) may receive the waiver for one term. If the student is not in a degree seeking program by the second enrolled term, they will not qualify for the waiver.
Those employees who qualify need not take any action at this time to receive the waiver. Student Business Services will automatically apply these to your student account prior to the beginning of the semester. These will be audited by Student Business Services on the 30th class day. At the time of audit, a departmental certification will be done by the academic department. Any adjustments made during the audit will become the student's responsibility at that time.
Also, please be aware that if you plan to use any of the services in which the fee is waived, such as the medical services or rec center, you will need to submit an elect to pay form and will become responsible for the fees associated with the elected service at that time. This can be done during lobby hours (8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.) in Student Business Services, located in the Student Financial Center (301 West Hall).
PLEASE NOTE: Only one course per term may be waived (including only one course for the whole summer semester).
If you have any questions regarding the employee waiver, please contact Student Business Services at (806) 742-3272 or toll free at (866) 774-9477.