Fellowships & Scholarships
TTU Graduate School Scholarships
At the Graduate level of study, students need to check with both their academic department and the Graduate School for scholarship opportunities through Texas Tech University.
New and Continuing Students: There is only one application for all Graduate School Scholarships and Fellowships. Deadlines are in February of each year for awards for the upcoming fall and spring semesters.
The scholarship/fellowship deadline for the 2014 - 2015 academic year has passed.
- Majority of awards range from $3,000–$5,000 per year
- Applicants do not have to be officially admitted to a TTU graduate program when applying for our scholarships. Additionally, applying to the Graduate School does not automatically qualify applicants for our scholarships - they need to fill out the online application.
- Scholarship awarding is based on a holistic approach and takes into account all factors surrounding scholarship and need. All of our scholarships are awarded on a competitive basis. Competitive scholarships, from the Graduate School or academic departments, of at least $1,000 for the academic year qualify students for in-state tuition, if applicable.
- Eligible graduate students include on-campus and distance education students who are pursuing any master's or doctoral program, teacher certification program (CERT/FCSC), graduate certificate program (GCERT), or joint degree program (for the joint degree, this scholarship will only be applied while you are taking courses within Texas Tech University). Students pursuing a non-degree such as Post-graduate (PGRD), Graduate Temporary (GTMP), Continuing Professional Educational Development (CPED), or students who are pursuing a degree at the Texas Tech University Law School or Health Sciences Center are not eligible to apply.
- By submitting the Graduate School Scholarship Application, your application will also be considered for the following TTU college graduate scholarships scholarships that they disburse: Education, Engineering, Human Sciences, Media and Communication, Visual and Performing Arts and other departmental graduate scholarships (including, but not limited to): Classical and Modern Languages and Literature, Economics, English, Environmental Toxicology, Health Exercise and Sports Science, Physics, and Public Administration
- Please click here for a complete listing of Graduate School scholarships/fellowships, requirements and award amounts
The Graduate School administers several endowments to assist programs in their graduate student recruitment efforts. These include the AT&T Chancellor's Fellowship, The CH Foundation Graduate Fellowship and the J.T. and Margaret Talkington Graduate Fellowship.
In order to be more strategic with the University's graduate recruitment efforts and to accommodate varying recruitment cycles across colleges and programs, the Graduate School allocates a percentage of our recruitment fellowships to each academic college to make awards (award coordination/stewardship remain with the Graduate School). Therefore, please contact your respective college dean regarding graduate recruitment fellowships for your program area.
Interdisciplinary program recruitment fellowships remain with the Graduate School and programs may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Fellowship allocations have been made to academic colleges for the 2014-2015 academic year.
- Master students: $4,000/year for two years
- Doctoral students: $4,000/year for four years
External Scholarship and Fellowship Opportunities
These are resources to find external funding for research and other projects.
- Search for private and federal funding sources in the Office of the Vice President for Research's Funding Opportunities Database.
- Foundation Center Online - The Texas Tech Library maintains a subscription to this national funding database.
- Texas Tech Study Abroad Competitive Scholarship Application.
- TTU Office of National and International Scholarships and Fellowships - Dr. Lyn Fallwell can assist in your search. Please contact her at email@example.com.
For More Information
The deadline for 2014 - 2015 scholarships has passed.
From Here, It's Possible
Texas Tech provides resources to help graduate students succeed in research.