Kinesiology & Athletics Society (KAS)
Connect with KAS
Follow KAS on Facbook for updated information on the organization and events.
Special thanks goes to our sponsor:
As an authorized student organization at Texas Tech University, the purpose of the Kinesiology & Athletic Society (KAS) is to provide a forum for interaction amongst students and faculty who are well rounded in all aspects of kinesiology, including health, exercise, sport, and fitness. We want this organization to unite our majors in their endeavors and be an avenue to the network necessary for individual success and progress.
KAS seeks to provide opportunities for students to develop professional and social relationships with other students and faculty at Texas Tech University. KAS holds regular meetings and organizes or sponsors workshops, clinics, recreation activities, and student recognition events.
What We Do
We have many events related to kinesiology, sport and physical activity that we work to schedule, including:
- Participatie in projects and events conducted by other student organizations
- Host social activities and events to bring about awareness of KAS and importance of health and exercise
- Participate in TTU Intramurals and hosting various recreational sport tournaments like dodge ball and basketball
- Uphold health and exercise for younger generations with community involvement including "Big Brothers/Big Sisters".
- We want to provide opportunities for our members to gain valuable experience in their areas of interest while also having fun and helping others to do the same. We are working hard to create experiences that can be helpful both on a professional resume as well as useful in students future careers.
- We have social events planned which coincide with our beliefs in health, exercise, fitness, and sport. These events are planned in accordance with our objectives in mind.
- As an authorized student organization, we are striving to create a community network of students who are well rounded in all aspects of kinesiology, including health, exercise, sport, and fitness. We also strive to equip our students with real life experience and knowledge of health and fitness promotion to offer to those they encounter in their future careers.
We are always looking for members and have regular meetings. Please contact our officers if you are interested in membership or participation. Don’t hesitate to come to our events to see what we have to offer. We welcome your involvement, input, and energy.