The American Studies track of the Honors Arts and Letters degree is composed of coursework revolving around the developing culture of our nation. The American Studies track will assist students in the development of effective writing, research, and critical thinking skills, better preparing them for graduate school and/or a broad range of careers in business, education, and advocacy.
Possible courses include:
- ART 3319: Photographic Arts of the 19th and 20th Centuries
- HIST 3305: Creating the American Nation, 1785-1840
- HIST 3311: Social and Cultural History of the Southwest
- HONS 3304: Honors Seminar in Fine Arts
- ENGL 3323: Early American Literature
- MUHL 3310: History of Rock and Roll
- View the full list of approved track courses here.
The concentration also has exceptional opportunities, including:
- Ability to work with professors from across multiple disciplines at TTU in preparation for the Honors Thesis
- Undergraduate research with award-winning faculty
- Study abroad opportunities and scholarship funding from the Honors College