A joint TTU-TTUHSC concentration within the Honors Arts and Letters (HAL) major, the purpose of the Health and Humanities Track is to encourage Honors pre-health students to broaden their educational experiences in order to become more well-rounded professionals and more competitive applicants to healthcare professional programs.
Possible courses include:
- Bridging the Gap between the Sciences and the Humanities
- Biomedical Ethics
- Honors Seminar in Healthcare (taught at the HSC campus)
- Medical Jurisprudence
- Rhetoric in Medicine
- View the full list of approved track courses here.
The concentration also has exceptional opportunities, including:
- Earn early acceptance to Texas Tech's medical school and a waiver of the MCAT for those that qualify.
- Pursue paid undergraduate research in 32 departments and publish their findings.
- Participate in Honors seminars in healthcare taught by Health Sciences Center faculty.
- Study in Spain, Germany, or 70 other countries…and receive money to get there.
- Complete dual MD/MBA and MD/JD degrees.
- Receive direct access to the TTUHSC gross anatomy lab and the Student Synergistic Center.