Undergraduate Research Scholars
Undergraduate Research Scholars are engaging in research all over the TTU-TTUHSC campuses, working with faculty mentors who want to make a difference. And help our Honors students make a difference as well.
Applications for 2017-2018 URS program are now closed.
Applications for 2018-2019 URS program will open in March of 2018.
- Prospective Scholars must be enrolled and in good standing with the Honors College.
- Students are expected to find a faculty mentor with whom to perform research. The URS coordinator is available for help in finding a mentor.
- Students from any discipline are eligible to apply to the URS program. Any full-time TTU or TTUHSC faculty member is eligible to be a mentor.
- Scholars and faculty mentor must be on the Lubbock campuses for both the fall and spring semesters.
- URS is a two-semester, or longer, commitment. The program begins in August and culminates in the spring with a mandatory presentation in the TTU Undergraduate Research Conference.
- Scholars earn an hourly stipend of $8.00 an hour, for no more than 15 hours a week.
- Scholars may elect to receive course credit in their home departments in lieu of payment.
- Scholars may NOT simultaneously receive course credit and URS funding for the same research.
- Worker's compensation is provided in the event of a job-related injury but Scholars are not eligible for paid vacation, sick leave or other University benefits such as health insurance.
- Scholars must submit accurate timesheets to meet payroll deadlines, A timesheet is a legal document and subject to audit. Timesheets must be submitted both online and to the URS coordinator.
- Scholars are expected to engage in research, not routine tasks such as cleaning lab equipment or filing.