Welcome to The Clark Scholars Program
The Clark Scholar Program is an intensive seven week summer research program for highly qualified high school juniors and seniors.
- The Program at Texas Tech University helps the Scholars to have a hands-on practical research experience with outstanding and experienced faculty.
- The Scholars will receive a $750 tax-free stipend and room and board.
- The Program includes fun activities, weekly seminars and field trips.
- This Program provides opportunities for research in all academic areas in the university. (click on Research for list of all research areas).
- Program duration is from June 23 to August 7, 2014.
- Applications must be received by February 7, 2014 (including evaluation forms).
- Final selection for the 2014 Clark Scholars Program will be made sometime in early May.
- Program duration: June 23 to August 7, 2014
We would like to give a special thanks to Clark Scholars Coordinator Lynda Durham for all of her hard work and dedication to the program, as well as for her 20 years of service to Texas Tech University. Lynda will be leaving us in December and she will be greatly missed. Thank you Lynda!
- 2013 Clark Scholar Na He Jeon has been accepted to Stanford University. Na He was mentored by Dr. Michael O’Boyle in the Department of Human Development and Family Studies.
- 2012 Clark Scholar Megan Shea was awarded Popular Mechanics' "Next Generation" prize at its Breakthrough Innovator Awards in October 2013. Shea was mentored by Dr. Michael San Francisco in the Department of Biological Sciences.
- 2012 Clark Scholar Jonathan Cohen is featured in an article in the Scientific American. Jonathan was mentored by Dr. Timothy Maxwell in the Department of Mechanical Engineering.
- 2011 Clark Scholar Sheetal Hedge's written report regarding her research conducted during her summer as a Clark Scholar is to be published in Duke University's undergraduate journal of neuroscience, Neurogenesis.
- 2011 Clark Scholar Shirley Mo will attend Harvard University fall of 2012. Shirley was mentored by Dr. Zhixin Xie in the Department of Biological Sciences.
- 2011 Clark Scholar Mihail Eric has been accepted to Stanford University. Mihail was mentored by Dr. M. Sanati in the Department of Physics.
- 2011 Clark Scholar Kellen Svetov has been accepted to Yale University through early action. Kellen has also been named a semifinalist in the Intel Science Talent Search. Kellen was mentored by Dr. Roger Sutton in the Department of Physiology, TTU Health Sciences Center.
- 2011 Clark Scholar Sheetal Hegde is attending Duke University. Sheetal was mentored by Dr. Michael Blanton in the Department of Pharmacology & Neuroscience, TTU Health Sciences Center.
- 2011 Clark Scholar Priya Parameswaran has been accepted to the Biomedical Engineering Program at John Hopkins University.
- 2011 Clark Scholar William Liu has been accepted to Stanford University.
- 2011 Clark Scholar William Liu has been named a semifinalist in the Siemens Competition. William was mentored by Dr. Harvinder Gill in the Department of Chemical Engineering.
- 2010 Clark Scholar Carla Javier joined a team of women in Hollywood aged 18-50 to make three documentaries on domestic violence. Carla's team is Team Give Hope and is sponsored by MaryKay Cosmetics.
- Past Scholar Makes Donation to the Program Endowment Fund
Ms. Amy Huynh, Clark Scholar in 1999 and 2000 has made a very generous donation to the Clark Scholar Program. We are very grateful and appreciate her support.