Are you looking for ways to get connected to Texas Tech and your new Lubbock community while at the same time getting great resume experience and an opportunity for a scholarship? The Passport Program in the Honors College can provide all of the above. Read this page and visit the rest of the Passport web pages to learn more.
Open to first year students who entered Texas Tech fall or spring of 2009 and successfully completed the First-Year Experience Program. Students must be in and remain in good standing with the Honors College for the spring 2010 semester.
- Choose the track that is most intriguing to you: Community Service or Arts and Academics (see each page for more information)
- 10-15 hours per month is required for each track (that’s about 2-3 hours per week); Passport dates are February 1 through April 30
- Obtain proof of attendance at each event
- Write one reflection paper at the end of each month in which you discuss what you believe you’ve learned about yourself, your community, or your university
- Each “passport” with proof of attendance and your reflection paper is due by the 5th of every month to the FYE Coordinator, Thomas Reynolds
The Honors College will be giving out up to 6 scholarships (ranging from $500 to $1,500) for the 2010-2011 academic year to students that successfully complete the Passport Program. Selection for scholarships will be made by Honors faculty and staff and will be based on participation and the monthly reflection papers.
Program starts February 1
For more information call the Honors College at 806-742-1828