National and International Scholarships & Fellowships Scholarship Search
GENERAL SEARCH ENGINES
· The Foundation Center (requires a paid subscription)
· GrantForward (14 day free trial)
· Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (US government research & internship opportunities)
· Research Funding Agencies (mostly Science and Technology)
· The British Council (Marshall Scholarship Information)
· Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute (fellowship list primarily for minorities)
· Fulbright (requires university nomination)
· Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Program (requires university nomination)
· Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship Program (requires university nomination)
International Council for Canadian Studies
(International Scholarships for Canadian Students)
· George J. Mitchell Scholarships (requires university nomination)
· Rhodes Scholarship Trust (requires university nomination)
· Harry S. Truman Scholarship Foundation (requires university nomination)
· Morris K. Udall Foundation (requires university nomination)
Searching for Scholarships?
The most effective way for you to take advantage of our extensive database of scholarships might be to spend a few minutes browsing though this list to pinpoint scholarships that are most relevant to you.
The first step toward undergraduate scholarship money is identifying programs that are open for application. Some scholarship money actually goes out to high-school and middle-school students, so it is never too early to be proactive about securing educational aid.
When most people think of college scholarships, they think of awards given to college freshmen based on applications submitted during their senior years of high school. While many scholarships do fit this description, this is by no means the case for all awards: In fact, there is free money awarded to students at level.
You may be wondering how to distinguish yourself from your competition. While every scholarship has it’s own list of eligibility requirements, applicants need to go above and beyond the bare minimum to impress the committee — and win the award. Not sure how to do that? Here are four qualities almost every scholarship committee is looking for:
contact the advisor
Lynne Fallwell, Ph.D.
Director of National and International Scholarships/Fellowships
Texas Tech University
McClellan Hall 209
Lubbock, TX 79409-1017