URF Information for Students & Faculty
URF Mentors will:
- Provide clear guidelines to
the Fellow regarding expectations for this research.
- Ensure the research Fellow
submits his/her timesheet on time to the Honors College
and that it reflects accurately the hours worked.
- Assist the URF student in
the preparation and presentation of a poster or paper at
the annual TTU Undergraduate Research Conference each
- Provide appropriate safety
and responsible conduct in research training within the
- Serve as a reviewer and/or
moderator for poster and/or paper presentations at the
annual TTU Undergraduate Research Conference.
- Notify the URF Coordinator
regarding any problems or concerns regarding the
Fellow’s performance or the program as soon as they
occur; notify Coordinator if Fellow goes two weeks
without contact with Mentor.
Undergraduate Research Fellows will:
- Adhere to appropriate guidelines and
policies regarding integrity, safety, and responsible
conduct in research for my field.
- Complete payroll timesheets
accurately and on time.
- Maintain regular URF correspondence
through TTU email account.
- Prepare and present a poster or paper
at TTU Undergraduate Research Conference in the spring
- Maintain full-time student status
during the academic year; maintain at least a 3.25 GPA; and
must attend all mandatory URF meetings.
- Can be paid for no more than 20 hours
of research work per week.