Safety is top priority to us
In order to gain access to an assigned residence hall, guests need to swipe a conference ID card. Video cameras monitor each entrance door, inside the elevators, common areas and laundry rooms for safety. University Student Housing staff make regular rounds of each residence hall and parking lot from 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. We have professional staff on call 24 hours a day and desk staff to help monitor each building.
Should an emergency situation develop in a residence hall, participants will be notified by hall staff. Due to variations in the physical design of each residence hall, instructions will be given by University Student Housing staff. Because of the potential danger to other guests, hallways should be kept clear of any obstructions in case of fire.
- Look around and be aware of surroundings when you enter and exit a building.
- Do not allow unknown individuals to follow you through card swipe doors.
- Never leave personal property unsecured or unattended.
- Always tell someone where you are going and what time you expect to return.
- Youth must be accompanied by an adult chaperone at all times.
Various types of weather affect the Lubbock region throughout the year. Texas Tech maintains a centralized warning and alert system for use in the event major storms or other disasters threaten our community. Ideally, sufficient warning time will allow precautionary measures to be implemented.