For 2017-2018, the Health Sciences Learning Community will be located in Stangel Hall, and is open to all students pursuing studies in Preparation for Admission to professional health schools or who have been accepted to TTU's School of Allied Health Sciences and School of Nursing.
The Health Sciences Learning Community provides a unique experience for students pursuing studies and careers in professional health fields and related majors to live together in an environment supporting their academic, personal and professional success.
Students have opportunities to:
- Connect with other students in the School of Allied Health Sciences and School of Nursing
- Enjoy in-hall events designed specifically for your personal and academic needs
- Explore career options
- Form study groups
- Live in an intellectually stimulating and challenging environment
- See your professors in-hall for study sessions, guest lectures, or faculty/student meals
- Get connected with valuable resources on campus
Events and activities may include:
- Participating in community service projects
- Listening to a variety of guest speakers
- Attending campus events like football games with your LC
- Sharing meals with faculty and other students
- Receiving peer mentoring
The Health Sciences Learning Community contributes to Texas Tech University's Health, Life & Natural Sciences Undergraduate Academic Interest Area, aligned with the Health Science and Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics Plans of Study in the Career Technical Education (CTE) programs for lifelong learning.