Media and Communication Learning Community
The Media and Communication Learning Community provides a unique experience for students enrolled in or admitted to the College of Mass Communications to live together in an environment supporting their academic, personal and professional success.
Students have opportunities to:
- Connect with other students enrolled in the College of Media and Communications
- Enjoy in-hall events designed specifically for your personal and academic needs
- Explore career options
- Form study groups
- Live in an intellectually stimulating and challenging environment
- See your professors in-hall for study sessions, guest lectures, or faculty/student meals
- Get connected with valuable resources on campus
Events and activities may include:
- Attending networking events
- Receiving in-hall advising
- Participating in community service projects such as 'Cards for Veterans'
- Listening to a variety of guest speakers
- Attending campus events like football games with your LC
- Sharing meals with faculty and other students, like Pizza with a Professor
- Attending a wide range of social events, including barbeques, game nights, cosmic bowling and dance central
The Mass Communications Learning Community contributes to Texas Tech University's Business, Finance & Economics and Communication & Languages Undergraduate Academic Interest Areas, aligned with the Arts, A/V Technology & Communications and Marketing, Sales & Service Plans of Study in the Career Technical Education (CTE) programs for lifelong learning.