Thursday, December 15, 2016
Sunday, January 15, 2017
Stay Late Request
If you need to request to stay past December 15, 2016 or are changing rooms, you must fill out the Stay Late at Winter Break Request
You must vacate your room no later than 24 hours after your last final or no later than December 15, 2016 at 10:00 a.m.
Room or Hall Changes must be completed by December 16, 2016 at 12:00 p.m. (noon). Check with your hall office for details.
Residents who need to cancel their housing after December 15, 2016 but have not yet moved out will need to move out on Monday, January 9, 2017 or Tuesday, January 10, 2017 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- You must leave your room no later than 24 hours after your last final and no later than December 15, 2016 at 10:00 a.m.
- You are not required to take all of your belongings home over the break.
- If your roommate is not returning next semester, please keep the other side of the room empty and clean to avoid a single room fee.
- Starting at 10:00 a.m. on Thursday, December 15, University Student Housing will be conducting Health and Safety room checks and documenting policy violations.
- Facilities staff will enter your room to clean suite bathrooms and complete FixIT requests.
- If you need to request to stay past December 15th or are changing rooms, you must fill out the Stay Late at Winter Break Request no later than Monday, December 12, 2016 at 8:00 a.m. You will be emailed regarding the status of your request by your Residence Life Coordinator.
- Your room is reserved for the full academic year. If you will not be returning to Texas Tech for the spring 2017 term, please visit the USH Welcome Center to cancel your contract.
Don't Forget To:
- Let your CA know when you are leaving
- Make sure you have everything you need for the break (medication, passport, jewelry, electronics, airline tickets, contact lenses, etc.)
- Be sure to take fish home with you if you have them
- Clean, defrost and unplug your mini refrigerator during Winter Break
- Unplug everything in your room
- Remove all perishables from your room
- Take out your trash
- Close your blinds and lock your windows
- Turn off all lights and ceiling fans
- Make arrangements for meals according to the Dining Hours on campus
- These points will help keep your room safe and clean for your return.
If you do not plan to return to Texas Tech after the semester break:
- Go to the University Student Housing Welcome Center in the Wiggins Complex to cancel your contract.
- Set up a room checkout with your CA.
- Make sure everything is removed from your room and your room is clean.
If you withdraw from the university after leaving for Winter Break, you are also required to cancel your University Student Housing contract. Start the process by contacting the Welcome Center at email@example.com.
University Student Housing Offices located in the Wiggins Complex will be closed Friday, December 23, 2016 – Friday, December 30, 2016 for university holidays. We will reopen at 8:00 a.m. on Monday, January 2, 2017.