ERS Annual Enrollment
Texas Tech University Summer Enrollment is July 2, 2018 - July 21, 2018
ERS will begin mailing out Personal Benefits Enrollment Statements approximately June 15, 2018. This statement informs you of the benefits you currently have as well as any additional options.
Plan Year Updates
• Summer Enrollment is July 2, 2018 – July 21, 2018
• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) will continue as the medical plan administrator for HealthSelect and Consumer Directed HealthSelect.
• Optum Rx will continue to administer the HealthSelect and Consumer Directed HealthSelect Prescription Drug Program.
• Optum Bank will continue to administer the health savings account (HSA) program.
• IRS maximum contributions to an HSA for 2019 will be $3,500 for individuals and $7,000 for families.
• The maximum annual contribution to a health care flexible spending account will increase to $2,650 for Plan Year 2019, dependent care account will remain at $5,000. Increases are not automatically applied, participants wanting to contribute the maximum amount will need to make the update during annual enrollment.
• State of Texas Vision plan rates will decrease by 10%. The following changes will occur to the coverage:
• Participant copay for an annual eye exam will decrease for $25 to $15
• Participants will be able to get an annual eye exam once each plan year, without waiting a full 12 months after their previous eye exam
• State of Texas Dental Choice Plan premium will increase about 4.5%. The following changes will occur to the coverage:
• Individual annual plan limit will increase from $1,500 to $2,000 for Basic and Major Restorative Services
• Adults have been added in the orthodontic benefits
• The individual lifetime plan limit for orthodontic services will increase from $1,500 to $2,000
• The calendar year maximum benefit for Basic and Major services for out-of-network service after the annual benefit maximum is reached will be eliminated
There is a slight increase in dependent coverage rates for medical insurance, but the state continues to pay 100% of the premium for member only coverage. New rates will be effective 09/01/2018, they may be viewed at www.ers.texas.gov
On June 22nd, from 10am – 1pm, the Employees Retirement System of Texas (ERS) will host a Benefits Fair at the Texas Tech University Health Science Center Academic Classroom Building, 3601 4th Street, 2B&C North Elevator Lobby, Room 2C103 (parking in E2). The Summer Enrollment presentation will start at 10:15am. Representatives from all partner programs will be available for questions on the products offered. This is a free event and open to all employees of the State of Texas.
For assistance you may contact the Employee Services Center at email@example.com or 806-742-3851