Plan Year 2018 Summer Enrollment
Texas Tech University Summer Enrollment July 2, 2017 - July 22, 2017
ERS will mail out Personal Benefits Enrollment Statements beginning on June 12, 2017. This statement informs you of the benefits you currently have as well as any additional options.
Plan Year Updates:
- Effective September 1, 2017, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) will become the medical plan administrator for HealthSelect and Consumer Directed HealthSelect. Most plan benefits and requirements for HealthSelect and Consumer Directed HealthSelect will not change.
- Most doctors and other providers who are in the current HealthSelect network will still be in the network as of September 1, 2017, however, some will not.
- Beginning May 23, 2017, participants can find doctors and other providers who will be in the BCBSTX network as of September 1, 2017 by visiting www.bcbstx.com/hs and clicking on the Getting Care tab, or by calling a BCBSTX Personal Health Assistant at 1-800-252-8039, Monday – Friday, 7am to 7pm CDT or Saturday 9am to 3pm CDT.
- BCBSTX will mail new medical ID cards to all current HealthSelect and Consumer Directed HealthSelect participants in August to be used beginning September 1, 2017.
- Optum Rx will continue to administer the HealthSelect and Consumer Directed HealthSelect prescription Drug Program. Optum Rx will mail new prescription drug plan ID cards in August to be used beginning September 1, 2017.
- Optum Bank will continue to administer the health savings account (HSA) program. After August 31, 2017, participants will need to log-in to Optum Banks website www.optumbank.com to view balances.
- IRS maximum contributions to an HSA for 2018 will be $3,400 for individuals and $6,750 for families.
- The maximum annual contribution to a health care flexible spending account will increase to $2,600 for Plan Year 2018. Increases are not automatically applied, participants wanting to contribute the maximum will need to make the update during annual enrollment.
There is a slight increase in dependent coverage rates for medical insurance, but the state continues to pay 100% of the premium for member only coverage. There will be a slight increase in the State of Texas Dental Choice plan and a premium decrease on Short-term disability. New rates will be effective 09/01/2017, they may be viewed at www.ers.state.tx.us/SE/ click on Plan Year 2018 Rates.
On June 22nd, from 10am – 1pm, the Employees Retirement System of Texas (ERS) will host a Benefits Fair at the Texas Department of Transportation, Lubbock District Training Center – Mesquite Room, 135 Slaton Road, Lubbock. Representatives from all partner programs will be available for questions on the products offered. This is a free event and open to all employees of the State of Texas. Visit here for a map of the location https://www.ers.state.tx.us/Customer_Support/Calendar/Events_Calendars/
For assistance you may contact the Employee Services Center at email@example.com or 806-742-3851