New Employee Insurance
The Texas Employees Group Benefits Program (GPB) is the insurance program administered by the Employees Retirement Systems of Texas (ERS). ERS administers benefits for employees and retirees of state agencies, higher education institutions, and other groups.
It's Important to Know ...
By signing up for benefits when they first become available, you won't have to provide proof of good health.
If you miss your first opportunity to enroll in benefits, your next opportunity will be during the Annual Enrollment period. Your options may be limited and proof of good health may be required.
You can only sign up during the year if you have a qualifying life event, such as getting married or having a baby. Even then, proof of good health may be required.
UnitedHealthcare is the third-party administrator for HealthSelect™ of Texas and Consumer Directed HealthSelect™.
HealthSelect™ is available in all Texas counties, and you may enroll based on the county where you live or the county where you work. Levels of coverage for HealthSelect™ of Texas are:
- In-area (network and non-network), and
- Out-of-area (if you live or work outside of Texas or if you are retired, age 65 or over and have Medicare benefits).
HeathSelect™ of Texas Summary of Benefits and Coverage:
Consumer Directed HealthSelect™ Summary of Benefits and Coverage:
Your First 31 Days
During your first 31 days of employment or promotion into a benefits-eligible position you have the opportunity to enroll in:
- Dental coverage: ERS has three dental plans. Each has different costs, benefits, service areas and participating dentists. Two of the plans are dental insurance plans, and one is a dental discount plan. For an Explanation of Benefits or to Enroll, Add or Drop Coverage click here
- Vision Insurance: You and your dependents can enroll in State of Texas Vision, to help cover all or a portion of costs associated with eyeglasses, contacts, and other services.
- Optional insurance coverage: Optional insurance coverage can protect you and your loved ones in the event of an
accident, disability, or death.
- Term Life & Dependent Term Life
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- TexFlex: Need a better way to budget? TexFlex is a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) that lets you pay for planned out-of-pocket health and dependent daycare expenses tax-free. You decide how much to contribute out of your paycheck into either a healthcare or dependent daycare account. Use the money to pay for big or routine expenses throughout the year.
Your First 60 Days
During your first 60 days of employment or promotion into a benefits eligible position you have the opportunity to enroll you and your family in health insurance. Full-time employees are automatically enrolled in HealthSelect™ of Texas health coverage that starts the first day of the month after your 60th day of employment.
Employee Service Center