|FT Position Code||S1304
|PT Position Code||P1304
|Position Class Title||Server Administrator IV
|Position Description||The Server Administrator IV’s role includes designing, installing, administering, and maintaining multiple, advanced, and/or complex computing systems that are critical to the business operations of an area and/or unit. This includes conducting analysis of specification requirements, as well as, development and implementation of standards and procedures. The position is also expected to assist senior departmental management in determining the strategic IT direction for the area and/or unit and, as such, may interface with key IT leadership. Discretion and sound judgment is expected.
|Essential Job Functions|| Works independently to:
- Conduct analysis of job/system requirements, specification preparation, and designs/implements server solutions, recommending strategic directions for area or unit.
- Support server operating systems, server applications, and projects for an area or unit.
- Architectural design, procurement, installation, maintenance, and administration of multiple area or unit servers.
- Development and implementation of standards, procedures, and operations to support software/hardware systems.
Performs systems analysis techniques and procedures, including consulting with users to determine hardware, software, or system functional specifications.
- Installation, administration, operation, and maintenance of area and unit advanced computing systems.
- Multiple complex servers critical for the business operations for an area or unit.
May interface with key IT leadership.
Adheres to all appropriate Institutional policies (including IT Ops) and other relevant internal departmental policies.
|Knowledge, Skill, & Abilities|| Demonstrated ability to:
- Exercise judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Plan and organize effectively, prioritize goals, use time efficiently, and stay on task.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships.
Expert level analytical skills, including system analysis, process description, logic, problem diagnostics, and problem solving.
Expert level training in server management through education and experience.
Mastered administering one or more of the following: Microsoft Windows, Linux servers, and/or Apple servers.
|Qualifications||Bachelor's degree with coursework in computer science, MIS, IT, or other related area plus five (5) years related full-time paid experience OR a combination of related education and/or experience to equal nine (9) years.
For TTU Only: Applicants for this Security Sensitive Level II position will be subject to a criminal background check and must pass a drug and alcohol test after a conditional offer of employment has been extended, but before employment can be confirmed.
|Employee Class||E1, E4
|Job Category||Technical and Paraprofessional
|Hourly Pay Range||
|Annual Pay Range||42000 - 58000 - 74000