|FT Position Code||S1414
|PT Position Code||P1414
|Position Class Title||Enterprise Network Engineer III
|Position Description||The Enterprise Network Engineer III's scope of responsibility includes providing primary support for the operation of enterprise-level technology used by enterprise-wide mission-critical systems and infrastructure. This position may also assist with training team members and manage technical projects. The Enterprise Network Engineer III will also interface with external users, stakeholders, vendors, and other partners in providing operational support. Discretion and sound judgment is expected.
Enterprise positions are restricted for use in central IT Division areas reporting to the institutional CIO and, as such, may interface with key IT leadership and/or other functional leadership from the Texas Tech University System institutions.
|Essential Job Functions|| The Enterprise Network Engineer's scope of responsibility includes enterprise-level technology used by enterprise-wide mission-critical systems and infrastructure.
Performs systems analysis techniques and procedures, including consulting with users to determine hardware, software, or system functional specifications.
Performs one or more of the following duties related to enterprise class data, video, or voice network systems and infrastructure:
- Installs, configures, monitors, operates, maintains, and supports network hardware, software, and firmware.
- Performs diagnosis and problem resolution.
- Works with internal and/or external peers, users, and other stakeholders in the analysis, design, development, installation, testing, implementation, scheduling, diagnosis, and maintenance of network systems and solutions.
- Uses a variety of desktop and/or web-based software and tools to create or modify documentation and to communicate with team members and supervisors.
As assigned by management, will:
- Assist with the training and development of team members.
- Manage technical projects involving internal and/or external team members.
- Interface with external users, stakeholders, vendors, or partners in providing support, diagnosis, and problem resolution.
May interface with key IT leadership and/or other functional leadership from the Texas Tech University System institutions.
Adheres to all appropriate Institutional policies (including IT OPs) and other relevant internal departmental policies.
|Knowledge, Skill, & Abilities|| Ability to:
- Exercise judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Plan and organize effectively, prioritize goals, use time efficiently, and stay on task.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships.
Advanced experience installing, administering, operating, and maintaining enterprise-class network systems, such as switches, routers, firewalls, intrusion prevention systems, VOIP Systems, LANs/WANs, VPN concentrators, wireless Ethernet, proxy systems, and load balancers.
|Qualifications||Bachelor's degree with coursework in computer science, MIS, IT, or other related area plus three (3) years related full-time paid experience OR a combination of related education and/or experience to equal seven (7) years.
For TTU Only: Applicants for this Security Sensitive Level II position will be subject to a criminal background check and must pass a drug and alcohol test after a conditional offer of employment has been extended, but before employment can be confirmed.
|Employee Class||E1, E4
|Job Category||Technical and Paraprofessional
|Hourly Pay Range||
|Annual Pay Range||42000 - 58000 - 74000