|FT Position Code||S1419
|PT Position Code||P1419
|Position Class Title||Programmer Analyst IV
|Position Description||The Programmer Analyst IV's role is to assist with the development of project plans to test, analyze, and maintain software applications in support of business requirements. This position is also responsible for supervising and/or leading the development of new systems, directing changes to existing systems, controlling the interfaces between the systems, initiating complex feasibility studies, and making recommendations of the action to be taken. The position is also expected to assist senior departmental management in determining the strategic IT direction for the area and/or unit and, as such, may interface with key IT leadership. Discretion and sound judgment is expected.
|Essential Job Functions||Assists with:
- Development of project plans for application design, development, testing, implementation, and maintenance.
- Evaluation of application solutions that support strategic initiatives and goals.
Supervises and/or leads:
- Teams that analyze departmental needs in order to design, develop, implement, and support applications.
- Efforts to analyze, review, and modify existing software to increase operating efficiency, adapt to new requirements, and repair application errors.
Works independently to perform systems analysis, develop, and review programming code defined in project plans to meet design specifications, customer requirements, and/or applies vendor supplied upgrades.
|Knowledge, Skill, & Abilities||Demonstrated ability to:
- Exercise judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Plan and organize effectively, prioritize goals, use time efficiently, and stay on task.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships.
Advanced analytical and design skills, including systems analysis, process description, logic, problem diagnostics, and problem solving.
Advanced understanding of programming languages, syntax structures, and data management techniques.
Advanced understanding of system, application, database, and system design concepts and standards.
Advanced training in computer programming through education or experience. Advanced mastery of multiple technical skills, as appropriate to the area and/or
|Qualifications||Bachelor's degree with coursework in computer science, MIS, IT, or other related
area plus five (5) years related full-time paid experience OR a combination of related education and/or experience to equal nine (9) years.
For HSC Only: Applicants for this position will be subject to a criminal background check after a conditional offer of employment has been extended, but before employment can be confirmed.
For TTU Only: Applicants for this Security Sensitive Level II position will be subject to a criminal background check and must pass a drug and alcohol test after a conditional offer of employment has been extended, but before employment can be confirmed.
|Employee Class||E1, E4
|Job Category||Technical and Paraprofessional
|Hourly Pay Range||
|Annual Pay Range||42000 - 58000 - 74000