|FT Position Code||S1437
|PT Position Code||P1437
|Position Class Title||Enterprise Network Support Technician I
|Position Description||The Enterprise Network Support Technician I's scope of responsibility includes providing technical installation and primary support for data, voice, video, or other specialized networks at the enterprise level. Discretion and sound judgment is expected.
Enterprise positions are restricted for use in central IT Division areas reporting to the institutional CIO and, as such, may interface with key IT leadership and/or other functional leadership from the Texas Tech University System institutions.
|Essential Job Functions|| The Enterprise Network Support Technician's scope of responsibility includes technical installation and support for data, voice, video, or other specialized networks at the enterprise level
With close supervision and/or assistance from team members, performs one or more of the following duties:
- Designs, installs, maintains, and diagnoses the various components of network cable plants and related infrastructure.
- Provides technical support.
- Administers or configures certain network equipment and devices.
- Performs other duties according to established procedures and standards.
- May interface with users, vendors, or other stakeholders.
May interface with key IT leadership and/or other functional leadership from the Texas Tech University System institutions.
Adheres to all appropriate Institutional policies (including IT OPs) and other relevant internal departmental policies.
|Knowledge, Skill, & Abilities|| Ability to:
- Perform analysis, diagnosis, and problem resolution.
- Follow and implement general instructions and maintain effective working relationships.
Functional knowledge of electronics, networking, or communications technologies.
Basic knowledge or experience using one or more of the following technologies:
- Cable/signal testers.
- Adapter installation tools.
- Diagnostic equipment or software.
- Audio/Video equipment.
- Audio/Video Control Room technology.
- Video Surveillance technology.
- Distance learning or telemedicine systems.
- Satellite communications.
- Other networking or communications technology.
For TTU Only: Applicants for this Security Sensitive Level II position will be subject to a criminal background check and must pass a drug and alcohol test after a conditional offer of employment has been extended, but before employment can be confirmed.
|Employee Class||N1, N0
|Job Category||Technical and Paraprofessional
|Hourly Pay Range||10.69 – 12.93 – 15.16
|Annual Pay Range||