|FT Position Code||S1431
|PT Position Code||P1431
|Position Class Title||Enterprise IT Consultant I
|Position Description||The Enterprise IT Consultant I has the highest technical expertise for customer support in one or more IT-related areas, including hardware, software, ERP, and various applications. This position’s scope of responsibility includes providing specialized/advanced technical support and assistance to departments, faculty, and staff for multiple types of systems across the enterprise, as well as, conducting analysis of specification requirements for an area and/or unit. The Enterprise IT Consultant I is also required to keep up-to-date on current and developing IT trends and best practices, and assist enterprise management with various aspects of IT service delivery. Discretion and sound judgment is expected.
Enterprise positions are restricted for use in central IT Division areas reporting to the institutional CIO and, as such, may interface with key IT leadership and/or other functional leadership from the Texas Tech University System institutions.
|Essential Job Functions||Works independently and/or with team members to perform advanced technical duties associated with specific specialty hardware, software, and technical support at the enterprise level.
Performs systems analysis techniques and procedures, including consulting with users to determine hardware, software, or system functional specifications.
Contributes expert technical skills and support to customers on the interoperability of different systems across the enterprise, including hardware, software, ERP, applications, etc.
Manages team members and/or project leads:
- Specialty and advanced software support and projects for an area or unit.
- Area and/or unit IT projects in support of business operations.
Expert technical skill set kept current by reviewing market trends and product development.
Advises and contributes to:
- Specialty technical and non-technical knowledge and skills in support of area and unit information resources.
- Area and unit IT projects.
Assists enterprise management on aspects of IT management for area and unit business operations.
May interface with key IT leadership and/or other functional leadership from the Texas Tech University System institutions.
Adheres to all appropriate Institutional policies (including IT Ops) and other relevant internal departmental policies.
|Knowledge, Skill, & Abilities||Demonstrated ability to:
- Exercise judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Plan and organize effectively, prioritize goals, use time efficiently, and stay on task.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships.
Expert analytical skills, including process description, logic, problem diagnostics, and problem solving.
Demonstrated expert level experience with:
- Planning, organizing, and managing hardware and/or software projects and time effectively and efficiently.
- Selected advanced enterprise hardware and/or software and technology operations required by area or unit.
Training in advanced enterprise hardware and software use and support through education or experience.
Demonstrated mastery in several specialized skill sets.
|Qualifications||Bachelor's degree with coursework in computer science, MIS, IT, or other related area plus nine (9) years related full-time paid experience OR a combination of related education and/or experience.
For TTU Only: Applicants for this Security Sensitive Level II position will be subject to a criminal background check and must pass a drug and alcohol test after a conditional offer of employment has been extended, but before employment can be confirmed.
|Employee Class||E1, E4
|Hourly Pay Range||
|Annual Pay Range||44,316 - 77,177 - 110,638