|FT Position Code||S1432
|PT Position Code||P1432
|Position Class Title||Enterprise IT Consultant II
|Position Description||The Enterprise IT Consultant II has the highest technical expertise for customer support in one or more IT-related areas, including hardware, software, ERP, and various applications. This position’s scope of responsibility includes providing specialized/advanced technical support and assistance to departments, faculty, and academic staff for multiple types of systems across the enterprise, as well as, conducting analysis of specification requirements for an area and/or unit. The Enterprise IT Consultant II will also manage teams and/or advanced technology projects and keep up-to-date on current and developing IT trends and best practices, in order to advice enterprise management on various aspects of IT service delivery and strategic initiatives. Discretion and sound judgment is expected.
Enterprise positions are restricted for use in central IT Division areas reporting to the institutional CIO and, as such, may interface with key IT leadership and/or other functional leadership from the Texas Tech University System institutions.
|Essential Job Functions||Works independently and/or with team members to perform advanced technical duties associated with specific specialty hardware, software, and technical expertise at the enterprise level.
Performs systems analysis techniques and procedures, including consulting with users to determine hardware, software, or system functional specifications.
Contributes expert technical skill sets and support to customers on the interoperability of different systems across the enterprise, including hardware, software, ERP, applications, etc.
Independently manages team members and/or project leads with:
- Specialty and advanced hardware and software support and projects for an area within a unit or a whole unit.
- Area and/or unit IT projects in support of business operations.
Expert technical skillset kept current by reviewing market trends and product development.
- Specialty technical and non-technical knowledge and skills in support of enterprise information resources.
- Completion of enterprise IT projects.
Advises enterprise management on aspects of IT management for area and unit business operations and strategic initiatives.
May interface with key IT leadership and/or other functional leadership from the Texas Tech University System institutions.
Adheres to all appropriate Institutional policies (including IT OPs) and other relevant internal departmental policies.
|Knowledge, Skill, & Abilities||Mastered ability to:
- Exercise judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Plan and organize effectively, prioritize goals, use time efficiently, and stay on task.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships.
Expert level analytical skills, including process description, logic, problem diagnostics, and problem solving.
Demonstrated expert level experience with:
- Planning, organizing, and managing hardware and software projects and time effectively and efficiently.
- Selected advanced enterprise hardware, software and technology operations required by area or unit.
Training in advanced enterprise hardware and software use and support through education or experience.
Recognized Expert in several specialized technical areas.
|Qualifications||Bachelor's degree with coursework in computer science, MIS, IT, or other related area plus eleven (11) years related full-time paid experience OR a combination of related education and/or experience to equal fifteen (15) years.
For TTU Only: Applicants for this Security Sensitive Level II position will be subject to a criminal background check and must pass a drug and alcohol test after a conditional offer of employment has been extended, but before employment can be confirmed.
|Employee Class||E1, E4
|Hourly Pay Range||
|Annual Pay Range||50000 – 68000 – 86000