|FT Position Code||S1440
|PT Position Code||P1440
|Position Class Title||Enterprise Network Support Technician IV
|Position Description||The Enterprise Network Support Technician IV's scope of responsibility includes providing technical installation and primary support for data, voice, video, or other specialized networks at the enterprise level. This position is expected to assist with training team members, lead and/or manage technical projects, and interface with users, vendors, or other stakeholders in providing operational support. Discretion and sound judgment is expected.
Enterprise positions are restricted for use in central IT Division areas reporting to the institutional CIO and, as such, may interface with key IT leadership and/or other functional leadership from the Texas Tech University System institutions.
|Essential Job Functions||The Enterprise Network Support Technician's scope of responsibility includes technical installation and support for data, voice, video, or other specialized networks at the enterprise level.
Performs one or more of the following duties:
- Designs, installs, maintains, and diagnoses the various components of network cable plants and related infrastructure.
- Provides technical support.
- Administers or configures certain network equipment and devices.
- Performs other duties according to established procedures and standards.
- Assist with the training and development of team members.
- Lead and/or manage projects involving internal and/or external team members.
- Interface with users, vendors, or other stakeholders.
Will interface with key IT leadership and/or other functional leadership from the Texas Tech University System institutions.
Adheres to all appropriate Institutional policies (including IT Ops) and other relevant internal departmental policies.
|Knowledge, Skill, & Abilities||Ability to:
- Perform analysis, diagnosis, and problem resolution.
- Follow and implement general instructions and maintain effective working relationships.
Functional knowledge of electronics, networking, or communications technologies.
Advanced experience in one or more of the following technologies:
- Cable/signal testers.
- Adapter installation tools.
- Diagnostic equipment or software.
- Audio/Video equipment.
- Audio/Video Control Room technology.
- Video Surveillance technology.
- Distance learning or telemedicine systems.
- Satellite communications.
- Other networking or communications technology
|Qualifications||HS Graduate/GED and a combination of related higher education, technical training, and/or experience equal to five (5) years.
For TTU Only: Applicants for this Security Sensitive Level II position will be subject to a criminal background check and must pass a drug and alcohol test after a conditional offer of employment has been extended, but before employment can be confirmed.
|Employee Class||N1, N0
|Hourly Pay Range||18.24 - 27.37 - 40.91
|Annual Pay Range||37,947 - 56,921 - 85,097