Elizabeth coordinates two job fairs each year, arranging over 8,000 individual interviews each year and approximately 100 company information sessions. She has developed strong working relationships with all the departments in the WCOE, as well as the Rawls College of Business, Student Union and University Career Services in order to hold the thousands of interviews scheduled each year. Elizabeth is the sole contact for over 170 engineering companies that attend each WCOE Job Fair and/or conduct on-campus interviews.
Criteria for Consideration for the Matador Award
- A new employee with one (1) to three (3) years of continuous service with Texas Tech;
- Significant improvements have been performed throughout the year in his or her area, or within the Texas Tech community;
- Ideas and contributions were innovative, significant and progressed through cooperation and initiative;
- Has demonstrated a self-starter and take-charge attitude; and
- Has volunteered to assist when and where needed.