Melissa (Misty) Digby
Edward E. Whitacre, Jr. College of Engineering
Misty has been a part of the arduous task of assisting the department in obtaining ABET accreditation which gives the department national engineering accreditation status. She is also responsible for initiating a program to build community among the female engineering students in an effort to recruit and retain qualified female engineers to the WCOE. Other ideas include forming a "big brothers / big sisters" group of juniors and seniors to mentor and tutor younger students to ensure higher retention rates in Computer Science.
Criteria for Consideration for the Masked Rider Award
- Have four (4) years or more of continuous service with Texas Tech;
- Has been in a supervisory position for a minimum of one (1) year;
- Demonstrates initiative to contribute to the success of Texas Tech through his or her outstanding contributions at work;
- Extra efforts have been demonstrated through their accomplishments, timeliness, follow-through, willingness to help fellow employees; and ability to provide good customer service with creativity, dedication, cooperation and reliability.
- These individuals performed at a level above and beyond normal job requirements that have resulted in furthering the department's and Texas Tech's goals and mission.