Catherine Forrest Durham
Unit Coordinator of Development
College of Arts & Sciences
Cathey's positive, up-lifting attitude can be summed up by the comment of one of our university donors when he said, "hearing from Cathey is always the highlight of my day!" She has been instrumental in securing donations for the university-wide Vision & Traditions fundraising campaign by making herself available at all times to faculty and donors and for handling sticky situations with perseverance and empathy. Cathey organizes every development team event for alumni in Dallas, Ft. Worth, Midland and Houston. Each event is flawless from choosing the venue, food, music, and budget to inviting the right people to help benefit the college and grow their endowment support. Without Cathey's determination and fortitude, the College of Arts and Sciences' significant strides in contributing to the Vision & Traditions Campaign would not have been possible.
Criteria for Consideration for the Matador Award
- A new employee with one (1) to three (3) years of continuous service with Texas Tech;
- Significant improvements have been performed throughout the year in his or her area, or within the Texas Tech community;
- Ideas and contributions were innovative, significant and progressed through cooperation and initiative;
- Has demonstrated a self-starter and take-charge attitude; and
- Has volunteered to assist when and where needed.