Assistant Director for Red Raider Orientation
Center for Campus Life
Zach has made great strides in bringing the university community together to provide students with a University-wide welcome to the university. He understands that for Texas Tech, orientation is just as much a recruiting event as it is a transition and retention event. He leads a team of 50 student staff members and one full-time employee. Zach's impact is seen every day on campus when a student proudly wears an orientation t-shirt to class, when students apply to be an orientation student staff member, or when a parent calls him long after orientation is over to ask for help with their student. Zach's vision and his program help thousands of students, family members, and even university staff members feel "at home" at Texas Tech University and proud to be a Red Raider.
Criteria for Consideration for the Masked Rider Award
- Have four (4) years or more of continuous service with Texas Tech;
- Has been in a supervisory position for a minimum of one (1) year;
- Demonstrates initiative to contribute to the success of Texas Tech through his or her outstanding contributions at work;
- Extra efforts have been demonstrated through their accomplishments, timeliness, follow-through, willingness to help fellow employees; and ability to provide good customer service with creativity, dedication, cooperation and reliability.
- These individuals performed at a level above and beyond normal job requirements that have resulted in furthering the department's and Texas Tech's goals and mission.